looks like super flying
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:17 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,480 Posts
Check this quote from that review: "And 3D flight indoors is pretty much out of the question unless youíve got a large open area, high ceilings, are an expert pilot or donít mind replacing a lot of broken parts."

So you can fly 3d indoor with it, but it's risky and you'll need excellent skills and quite some room.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:50 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
is the 4g3 as stable as 4#3b?
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:55 AM
Basel
Joined Jan 2010
572 Posts
It's real, and old news. The 4G6 was designed to enhance upon the 4G3 experience, and replaced the tail motor with a transmission shaft-driven tail. Also, a 3-axis gyro receiver (Rx2610S) has come out that makes the 4G6s quite nice to fly. The V120D02 is the flybarless (FBL) incarnation of the 4G6s with a bad 3-axis gyro receiver (Rx2610V) that is only good for real beginners as you cannot flip it. All of them (4G3, 4G6, 4G6s, V120D02) are sold by Walkera with an underpowered motor, and all of them have specific quirks that may require specific mods or upgrades for more demanding pilots. And if you cannot fly 3D with another heli, you cannot fly 3D with this one, because it definitely will not give you flying skills that you do not have. If flying joy is important, most people are better off with an mSR or a CB100.

Therefore, only buy a 3D heli like this if:
  • You really need an indoor heli and do not have space for a bigger machine.
  • You really want a collective pitch (CP) helicopter, and are prepared to spend a lot of time figuring out how to setup a CP helicopter correctly.
  • You really are prepared to spend a lot of money to upgrade the motor and other stuff, not in the last place enough spares to compensate for the bad quality issues.
  • You really want to spend a lot of time learning to fly a sub-micro CP.
I hope this prevents people from setting the wrong expectations.

one of my vids here:
Tail Gear1 (1 min 11 sec)

Manny flying the 4G6 with an upgraded motor:
Walkera 4G6 2s 3d flight (3 min 11 sec)

KR,
Henk
hjns is offline Find More Posts by hjns
Last edited by hjns; Aug 19, 2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:21 AM
Philippines
Joined Mar 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
http://www.rchelisite.com/walkera_4g...ter_review.php

is it for real ?

looks like super flying
I could easily do it in an even smaller indoor space... ...In a simulator with 4G6 trainer setup with 100% rotorhead instability...

I only 3D for real with the 4G6 outdoors. I don't think I can even call it 3D. I can only flip my 4G6 for now and only hover inverted nose in consistently. I've once attempted doing tic toc on the 4G6. Seemed to do fine until the stock motor bogged

But there are many occasions I nearly flipped the 4G6 in the garage, going beyond 90 degrees tilt, mostly unintentional so I always fly idle up even indoors for those unexpected 'inverted' moments
Timewerx is offline Find More Posts by Timewerx
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:09 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
walkera 4g3 livingroom flip (0 min 38 sec)

4G3 living room flip (attempt) (0 min 17 sec)

Walkera 4G6 inverted on the ceiling - wongchuham 12 June 2010 (3 min 33 sec)

The top most video is by Manuel Campos, an amazing pilot. I guess you have to be really good to do very simple 3D indoors
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Aug 19, 2010, 05:15 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
amazing !

i must get my self a simulator ...

then a walkera
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:15 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
You need to start big before you can go small. You need a sim and a 450 sized at least. I started with a Walkera 52, wrecked it, then a 4#3B, wrecked it, had some success with a Wasp 250 and now I'm having so much fun with my 450. Should have gone in reverse and started with the 450
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:03 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
You need to start big before you can go small. You need a sim and a 450 sized at least. I started with a Walkera 52, wrecked it, then a 4#3B, wrecked it, had some success with a Wasp 250 and now I'm having so much fun with my 450. Should have gone in reverse and started with the 450
That is a very valid point. So many of the people here start with a little handheld heli they fly indoors and want to stay with that size forever. It really lengthens the learning curve for most of us. Get a big, stable heli that handles some wind. It's much easier learn with and more fun, too. Trying to confine your movements to fit a room gets tedious.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:30 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,989 Posts
The thought of me crashing a 450 into me is scary.

I'd rather take a slow "train" to learn on.

Also, don't really want to pack the wagon for a 10 minute flight or 2. Would rather "burn" the "pack and drive" time staying and taking extra time flying at home. Problem with home is city life = 25'x25' yard AND "against neighbor's law" to go on to their property, especially their roof!!

I believe I can safely speak for everybody in this "micro" forum, including you Blair?

Leads us to this thread, which is best indoor cp?

Sounds like answer might be simulator.

The next best is 4G3 in hands of pro?
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:45 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,147 Posts
The 4G3 is pretty much obsolete. The 4G6 is basically the same size (they use the same blades) but it has a shaft driven tail, and 3 axis RX, which makes it a lot more stable.

That being said I don't think either one is suited for flying 3D in your living room. Just watch those videos. Manuel Campos is an expert 3D pilot and he struggles to flip that 4G3 upside down just once. Until someone comes out with a CP heli that's closer to the size, and weight, of an mSR I don't think anyone is going to be doing 3D in their living room.

Dan
Dan203 is offline Find More Posts by Dan203
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:05 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Or you could just back the cars out of the garage.

Gaui 200 doing 3D flying in a Garage-Pilot-Nick Maxwell (3 min 12 sec)
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:20 PM
Rednuck
Joined Aug 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Or you could just back the cars out of the garage.
LOL!!!! Sweet flying... a Gaui 200 no less.... AWESOME!!
Crazy_Canuck is online now Find More Posts by Crazy_Canuck
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:38 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,989 Posts
Not to argue with you Dan, cause I don' know squat.

However:

4G3 is 45g?
4G6 is 90g?

Which would you rather bounce off the walls?

Atleast Manuel has a 38 sec 3d "flip" vid of 4G3 in living room.
Does he have anything comparable with the 4G6 doing 3d flip in living room?

Also he has 3 min inverted flight vid of 4G3 in living room.
For most of us "newbies", the ability to do windfree inverted flight training in living room would be godsend.

But yes, I've heard of newbies sucessfully patiently starting with a 4#3, but I can't remember hearing anyone succesfully starting with 4G3. And it seems everyone agrees bigger is easier; but some of us are not as co-ordinated as well as others, are scared of bodily injury, and would rather buy 100 4G3's than 1 hospital visit, and the convenience of staying at home is priceless.

BTW, based on your advice I recently purchased the V120D01 as my step up from the mSR. It is in the mail, and I plan on starting it out in my living room.

Also, I bought a used 450 pro!!! Thank goodnes I don't have electronics for it yet, and HK is BK on most of the cheap clone electronics. I may end up purchasing Hockey Goalie gear for it/me, when the time comes.

I'm patiently waiting for the V100 reviews also.

The best part of being afraid of big heli's is: is saves me BIG $

Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:48 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,989 Posts
wow, that gaui vid is awesome.

why in garage?

could they do same with 4G3 and/or 4G6?

inside living room?

my guess is they would try 4G3 in living room, but second thoughts with 4G6.

but from looks of it, he could handle the 200 in living room (may need larger underwear though)