Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 03, 2010, 12:27 AM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire222 View Post
Cryhavoc, I'm jealous! The reason I made the foamie is because, though I'd love to have a bigger one, I don't have the ability (nor the funds) to fly them while at college. There's a nice park less 1/4 of a mile away though, perfect for foamies.

Hope you enjoy it, it's such a nice looking plane. Personally, I think this should be the next plane that manufacturers pick up on....I'm so sick of Yaks and Edges, etc...WAY too many of them!
you are soo correct. Yaks, edges, extra's, etc etc. Sam ol same ol.

This one is unique! And with a 73" wingspan, will be a treat to fly!

OH and thank you for the non tiled plans. I downloaded the pdf and printed out several copies on a plotter at work!
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2010, 06:07 PM
You know how we do
Maryland
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
Please keep us updated on the big one....let us know if you start a build/assembly thread.

You're welcome for the plans...I just noticed that the untiled version doesn't have the measurement scale on it. I would love to hear if you or someone else builds this plane and what they think of it since it's my first attempt at drawing plans.
Spitfire222 is offline Find More Posts by Spitfire222
Old Feb 03, 2010, 11:09 PM
ProBro 3dRookie ;)
Thornton, CO
Joined Sep 2008
1,466 Posts
Nice work Spitfire!!!!

For larger planes there's some wooden profile kits of the Sbach available here
http://www.thebalsastore.com/index.p...chk=1&Itemid=1

I've personally met the designer of the profile kits Ron at an event, and had the chance to fly all of the planes that he made,

Since I built the .45 for myself, and am working on re-building it (Dumb thumbs and a lack of skill resulted in rekitting the wings) One of my regular flying buddy's is now flying the .55
Sbach 55 first 3 flights (3 min 25 sec)

And Ron is now working on a .65 version 65" wing span!!!!
http://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com...er=asc&start=0
3dRookie is offline Find More Posts by 3dRookie
Old Feb 05, 2010, 01:34 PM
You know how we do
Maryland
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
3D Rookie, thanks for the links! After crashing my Twist, I have some spare equipment and an OS. 46AX that need a plane. I will definitely consider those! The Sbach is fast becoming one of my new favorite planes.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:53 AM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,382 Posts
good work Spit, well done

now kit them and sell me 1

matt
DiabloKid is online now Find More Posts by DiabloKid
Old Feb 06, 2010, 05:25 PM
LI NY
Joined Sep 2008
1,012 Posts
Great job, really like the tissue paper covering job.

Do you think a eflite 370(1360kV) would work? I have one laying around.
fierce is offline Find More Posts by fierce
Last edited by fierce; Feb 06, 2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 10:41 PM
ProBro 3dRookie ;)
Thornton, CO
Joined Sep 2008
1,466 Posts
Fierce,... What you want for that motor?
3dRookie is offline Find More Posts by 3dRookie
Old Feb 07, 2010, 10:04 AM
You know how we do
Maryland
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
Hey Matt, I wish I could! I'm pretty sure this design would need lot's more flight testing and optimization before commercialization.

Hi Fierce. With the Park 400 with a 10 x 7 prop, I can hover at around 2/3 throttle. However, I'm using 2 aileron servos and a 5-year old 1500 mAh battery that's heavy and probably not giving full power (it's been cycled many times and never balanced). I'm awaiting 2 orders from HK with new, smaller capacity, ighter batteries....can't wait to try them out!

I would definitely go ahead and try the Park 370. The plane itself is very light (~2 oz). The rest of the weight would depend on your radio equipment, etc.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:53 AM
Australia
Joined May 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire222 View Post
Cryhavoc, I'm jealous! The reason I made the foamie is because, though I'd love to have a bigger one, I don't have the ability (nor the funds) to fly them while at college. There's a nice park less 1/4 of a mile away though, perfect for foamies.

Hope you enjoy it, it's such a nice looking plane. Personally, I think this should be the next plane that manufacturers pick up on....I'm so sick of Yaks and Edges, etc...WAY too many of them!
Nice plane Spitfire222.
3Dehover is offline Find More Posts by 3Dehover
Last edited by 3Dehover; Feb 19, 2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 03:01 PM
Buildin'em and flyin'em
United States, NY, Erie
Joined Dec 2007
447 Posts
Just what I am looking for. Thank you spitfire222.

I was inspired to look for some foamie sbach plans when I saw the Sbach 300 available from Paul Blymer but I'd rather have the 342.
JaggedEdge is offline Find More Posts by JaggedEdge
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:13 AM
You know how we do
Maryland
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
Thanks 3DeHover, glad you like it!

Hi JaggedEdge. Please keep us updated if you build one, would love to see pics, etc!

-Vincent
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
LaSalle, Illinois
Joined Sep 2007
476 Posts
Good job Vincent! Nice looking plane and you did a great job on it. Not sure how I missed this one the first time around. I wonder how it would do made from 9mm EPP. Hmmmmm.....another one for the build list.

Sterling
yardboz1 is offline Find More Posts by yardboz1
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:21 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,887 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=sbach
Here is one using EPP. I will be working with him on plans and am looking at kitting it.

Vincent, I have read through your thread. Yours looks real nice. I have downloaded the plans and will be comparing it with what was built in the other thread. Do you mind if I post about differences so we can compare the two planes? I believe that he built his strait from a 3-view. I have seen his fly and it did real nice but compared to yours is a light weight. He is using the same kind of gear used in the Leadfeather Yak-55. (26 gr motor, 10A ESC, 460 3s battery)
Mike
motorhead is online now Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:10 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=sbach
Here is one using EPP. I will be working with him on plans and am looking at kitting it.

Vincent, I have read through your thread. Yours looks real nice. I have downloaded the plans and will be comparing it with what was built in the other thread. Do you mind if I post about differences so we can compare the two planes? I believe that he built his strait from a 3-view. I have seen his fly and it did real nice but compared to yours is a light weight. He is using the same kind of gear used in the Leadfeather Yak-55. (26 gr motor, 10A ESC, 460 3s battery)
Mike
Please do this one in a 42" version with an airfoil wing like your edge. You know how I feel about the edge, the SBach would really be sweet. I'm in for the first one if you do.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:44 AM
You know how we do
Maryland
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
Sterling, if you do end up building one, would love to see pics and hear of any improvements/modifications.

Hi Mike! The EPP Sbach looks great and from the video flies beautifully. I also drew up my plans from a 3 view, but I realized not too long ago that I made the turtle deck straight when it should be slightly curved. Please feel free to post any comparisons or updates! My opinion is that the more Sbachs flying, the better.