HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:15 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,098 Posts
Hi Steve,

Your kit has been shipped. I am waiting for the tracking number for your parcel.

In theory and in practice, Shipping via China EMS is faster than shipping via Hong Kong Post; but you will never know. When the post office takes over a parcel, you can do nothing but wait. The Hong Kong Post has a good reputation for its efficiency and service, but when I lost a parcel with them and made email inquiries, all I got were only automated email replies.

The main reason that I provide the Hong Kong Post options is that shipping can be significantly cheap for some destinations such as Russia and Canada. And their small parcel service, unlike EMS whose minimum charge is for 500 grams even when the actual shipping weight is well below 500 grams, is good for shipping small parcels under 500 grams. In addition, the small parcel service rate is same for all destinations.

In order to use the Hong Kong postal services, we need to send products from our warehouses from Mainland China to Hong Kong first. Although Hong Kong is now officially a part of China, they have a system that is different from the rest of China. For example, they have just had an Easter holiday long weekend, while the Mainlanders didn't. Therefore, there are customs check points between Hong Kong and the Mainland. Sometimes, delays are caused over there. It usually takes at least 2 days for our product to reach Hong Kong Post from our warehouses.

China EMS seems to be improving. I haven't had an issue with them for quite a while: knock, knock on wood. China Post also offers Airmail Large Parcel Service, which I was afraid of using for I heard many bad stories about it. However, recently, I keep hearing claims that the service is as good as that offered by Hong Kong Post. Maybe things have changed and I should try it for it does have price advantage over China EMS.

Extra packaging is expensive. The cost is not only the $3 packaging material. The larger part of the cost comes from shipping the packaging material together with the product. Only larger Hokusei models requires extra packaging. I guess the reason is that Hokusei products are designed for the Japanese market and Hokusei's standard packaging is generally good enough for that market but not for the rest of the world, according to Hokusei. I have shipped hundreds of Skywing kits without extra packaging and only had 2 or 3 problems so far.

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Last edited by feda; Apr 26, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:25 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,659 Posts
Thanks for the info. Feda.
Steve
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:52 PM
Progress with the process...
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Thanks for the info. Feda.
+1. BTW, can you give us specs on the 3715 brushless thats recommended? I couldnt find one on BestValue.
M3ATpl0w is offline Find More Posts by M3ATpl0w
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:11 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ATpl0w View Post
+1. BTW, can you give us specs on the 3715 brushless thats recommended? I couldnt find one on BestValue.
Yes - Weight of this motor would be especially good to know...
blxpy is offline Find More Posts by blxpy
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:25 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,659 Posts
This is the info. Feda sent me on the motor in question. I'll let him chime in on anything else he has to add.

The motor AX3715 is Skywing's new discovery. They have had very good experience with it, but I've never heard it before.

Here are the specs of the motor:
- Dimensions: 37 x 33 mm
- Shaft Diameter: 4 mm
- KV: 1000
- Weight: 110 g
- Max Amp: 40A
The motor is said to be from axmodel, but I checked their web site and didn't find it: http://www.axmodel.com/

As to whether Feda plans on carrying this motor I do not know. I'm sure he'll add further info. as he gets it. I think the Hacker, Torque, or Omega 103 gram motors would also do well in the airframe.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:27 PM
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
This is the info. Feda sent me on the motor in question. I'll let him chime in on anything else he has to add.

The motor AX3715 is Skywing's new discovery. They have had very good experience with it, but I've never heard it before.

Here are the specs of the motor:
- Dimensions: 37 x 33 mm
- Shaft Diameter: 4 mm
- KV: 1000
- Weight: 110 g
- Max Amp: 40A
The motor is said to be from axmodel, but I checked their web site and didn't find it: http://www.axmodel.com/

As to whether Feda plans on carrying this motor I do not know. I'm sure he'll add further info. as he gets it. I think the Hacker, Torque, or Omega 103 gram motors would also do well in the airframe.
Thanks Steve. Weight was the main question I had. Does anyone know if the model uses radial mount for the motor?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:26 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,659 Posts
I'm hoping radial mount, looking closely at the 2 videos , at 7 seconds in the first one and 54 seconds in the second you should be able to see the back end of the motor but you can't so it looks like it'll take a radial mount. Hoping thats the case anyway. I've got way too much time on my hands LOL.
Steve
Last edited by stevelmaa; Apr 28, 2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:07 PM
Asturias Spain
Joined Sep 2007
15 Posts
The motor specification is the link, personally I do not like the propeller is coupled to the motor shaft

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9644932071

I have in a Yak 55 WM SEPP the link and it works fine with 3s and 4s with APC Electric 13x6,5

http://www.himodel.com/electric/920K...FC3542-6T.html
juanmorog is offline Find More Posts by juanmorog
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmorog View Post
The motor specification is the link, personally I do not like the propeller is coupled to the motor shaft
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9644932071
Wow, looks just like this motor, only blue...
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/20_size_b...33016_prd1.htm

I have 2 of these eRC motors, and like them so far.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:34 PM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
954 Posts
I have one of these coming that might work. It should turn up today, so I'll do some bench tests and post the results.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14733

[update]
I performed some static bench tests and here are the results.

The weight of the motor with cross mount, screws and prop collet adapter was 130g.

13x4e prop, 2200 3S 20C lipo, 1.9kg thrust, 440W, 11.1V, 39A
12x6e prop, 2200 3S 20C lipo, 1.7kg thrust, 450W, 11.1V, 41A
13x6.5e prop, 2200 3S 20C lipo, 1.5kg thrust, 470W, 11.1V, 43A

I'll probably go with the 13x4e prop.
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Last edited by nac; Apr 29, 2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:48 PM
Las Vegas
Joined May 2008
146 Posts
What do you guys think of this motor

http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m51-opti...-1020kv-2.html
I have this on my eflite extra 260 with a 12x6 prop
unlvace is offline Find More Posts by unlvace
Old May 01, 2011, 06:43 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,883 Posts
They're here!

I arrived at work today to find 2 Skywing EMS kits waiting for me; an orange kit for me and a red kit for nac. The kits were packed well for shipping and appear undamaged.

I opened the orange kit's box to take a look and I'm very impressed. It looks fantastic .

More info once I get home from work.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old May 01, 2011, 07:56 PM
NE Alabama
Joined Feb 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
I arrived at work today to find 2 Skywing EMS kits waiting for me; an orange kit for me and a red kit for nac. The kits were packed well for shipping and appear undamaged.

I opened the orange kit's box to take a look and I'm very impressed. It looks fantastic .

Build thread please!
Old May 01, 2011, 08:49 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,659 Posts
Mine has been handed over to US customs so its in the states. Hopefully a couple more days. Got a nice rewound motrolfly to try in her.
Steve
Old May 01, 2011, 09:47 PM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post

Yeah baby!!!

So are you coming past my place on the way home?
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac