HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2007, 06:56 AM
Joined Aug 2003
98 Posts
Discussion
Indoor Flying: South Florida Area?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of indoor-flying clubs or areas in South Florida (Miami, FT Lauderdale, or Boca Raton)???

Thanks,
Jim W.
Jim Woodward is offline Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2007, 08:01 PM
Joined Sep 2005
29 Posts
Jim, I Have been wanting to find this out aswell. If anything we can look for a place to fly. I live in the coral gables area.
hobicco99 is offline Find More Posts by hobicco99
Old Nov 05, 2007, 06:39 AM
Joined Aug 2003
98 Posts
Hobicco 99,

I live in Miramar, just west of I-75 and Miramar Parkway. I'm probably 20 miles north of you. If you are able to find a place, I will drive down.
Thanks,
Jim
Old Nov 05, 2007, 07:10 PM
Joined Sep 2005
29 Posts
I know of two possible places down here. Both are not completely indoors.
1. is the YMCA in coral gables which is not indoors but it is roofed and is really closed off from any wind. Its a double basketball court.
2. Horse arena at tropical park also not completely enclosed but blocks all wind and has a dome like roof. size of like 4-5 basketball courts.
Both of these would be good choices but i havent asked permission yet.
Tony
Old Nov 07, 2007, 02:48 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1 Posts
I live in Boca and would love to find a place to fly.

What about the Goodyear blimp hanger in Pompano? They might let a club fly while the blimp is out...

I know that would be a long shot, but what a great site to fly!
eqtworld is offline Find More Posts by eqtworld
Old Nov 07, 2007, 02:54 PM
Joined Aug 2003
98 Posts
I work in Pompano so that would be nice for me!
thanks,
Jim
Old Nov 07, 2007, 08:22 PM
Joined Sep 2005
29 Posts
if you guys find a place to fly let me know.
Tony
Old Nov 17, 2007, 09:12 AM
Joined Oct 2007
54 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm in Coconut Creek, looking for a place to fly helis too... anybody knows a good spot? The blimp hanger would be perfect....
Marcio
mc_heli is offline Find More Posts by mc_heli
Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:00 PM
Joined May 2006
175 Posts
Indoor flying

Hello everyone, I have the same question. I live in Coconut Creek, (Pompano Beach area). The blimp's home would be great, I Thought about it before, but more as for an electric Fly-in if we can sell the idea to manufacturers or so, like an E-fest. There's no event like that here in South Florida.
Want to get together to fly? I fly electric helis and small planes, maybe the recreation complex here in Coconut Creek will do. I might stop by this afternoon and find out. I'll let you guys know.
Aeromechanic
aeromechanic1 is offline Find More Posts by aeromechanic1
Old Dec 31, 2007, 02:27 PM
Joined Sep 2005
29 Posts
let us know
thanks Tony
Old Jan 02, 2008, 06:10 AM
Joined Aug 2003
98 Posts
Great! Let us know. I need to put my Clik together, but have an EPP thingy I can bring
Jim
Old Jan 02, 2008, 09:14 PM
Joined May 2006
175 Posts
Coconut Creek Comunity Center

Hello everyone:

I just went to the Coconut Creek Comunity center today, I spoke with somebody there, but the lady was not very receptive, actually the head of the office was on vacation, anyways the lady didn't give me much hope about getting an approval, I tried to sell it as a new club for the community; we'll see maybe I can talk or write a letter to the admistritive office. Also the same person suggested me to go to the Sabal Pines Park office, (Coconut Creek) they have an open field there, we'll see.
I'll keep looking for alternatives.
Douglas
aeromechanic1 is offline Find More Posts by aeromechanic1
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:08 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jan 2004
340 Posts
same old same old, LOOKING FOR INDOOR FLYING IN MIAMI ?????????????????????????????????????????????

ME AND MY BUDDY JOHNNY DELUXE WERE LOOKING FOR AN INDOOR FLYING SITE BACK IN 2004, 2005 ,2006 AND IT JUST DOESNT SEEM TO EVER COME TRUE. I HAVENT TOUCHED A PLANE FOR A YEAR NOW AND HE STOPED FLYING ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO. NOT ONLY WAS THERE NO INTEREST IN ANY BODY LETTING US FLY INDOORS BUT WE ALLSO GOT TIRED OF PEOPLE BASHING 3-D PILOTS, I WAS A MEMBER OF THE AMPS CLUB IN MIAMI AND GOT TIRED OF THE LACK OF INTEREST AND BASHING FROM ALL THE OLD FARTS THAT JUST WANT TO DO LOOPS. I WAS FLYING INDOORS FOR A LITTLE WHILE AT THE INDOOR BASKETBALL GYM AT CORAL GABLES HIGH SCHOOL , MY GOOD FRIEND WAS THE PRINCIPAL BUT IT JUST WASNT FUN DOING IT ALLONE. AND THE WEATHER HERE IN MIAMI HAS BEEN SO WINDY FOR ASS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER. I LOVE 3-D PLANES IN THE 4 TO 5 OUNCE RANGE , FLYING UP-CLOSE BUT IT JUST AINT NO FUN NO MORE WITH OUT A GOOD GROUP OF 3-D PILOTS AND THE WIND SUCKS . INDOOR WOULD BE NICE BUT WILL IT EVER HAPPEN HERE IN MIAMI ???
torqeroll is offline Find More Posts by torqeroll
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:11 AM
Joined Sep 2005
29 Posts
Hi, i have found a place to fly indoors in south miami. Its the South Miami community center. A really nice gym. I fly there myself now and they do charge! $60 an hour. so i have only been there a couple times.
If we can get a group to go there it could be cheaper. Also the only time i have been able to fly in the gym is at 6:00am
Tony
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jan 2004
340 Posts
why 6.00 a.m. ???
torqeroll is offline Find More Posts by torqeroll