HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
Joined Sep 2007
11 Posts
Discussion
after-run,

hey, im new to rc and the site, so hi.
ive ordered a buggy and should come by tomorrow.
now, after using my rc i know i should apply after-run,
but this is gonna sound very noobish yes,
anyway, how do i apply after-run? i plan to use WD-40 for now.
any replies greatly appreciated. thx
Fade_To_Black is offline Find More Posts by Fade_To_Black
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
if you plan on running 2-3 times a week then you dont need to use after run..

i personally have NEVER used after run oil and have had no ill effects because of it.. all of my engines have gone through many many gallons.. the least amount of fuel i put through one engine was 5 gallons..

IF you MUST use after run oil.. this is the PROPER usage

to apply after run oil youll simply unscrew the glow plug drop in 1-2 drops of oil and screw it back in this should only be done if the truck/car is going to set for extended periods of time "more than a week between runs" otherwise fuels that your using have much more than enough lubricant in them to keep the engine clean

before putting in the after run after the last run of that day you will follow this simple guideline stop the engine pull the feed line from the fuel tank install the glow driver and start the engine it will stall .. continue trying to start at least 3-4 more attempts the engine will not start but may flutter once or twice.. what this does it relieves the engine of the alcohol in the fuel and leaves behind the oils... thats what you want it to do..

ARO CAN ruin an engine.. so use it correctly and sparingly and your bout with nitro engines should be a long aggrivating and rewarding thing .. just remember.. always have fun.. and dont let them beat you!
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Sep 19, 2007, 02:33 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
From the OS website.....

How do I use after run oil?

We recommend application through the glow plug hole or through the air inlet. When O.S. states to not put after-run oil into the carb, they are referring to the fuel inlet. If you introduce the oil into the air inlet, you will have no problems.

When you use after-run oil, 2-5 drops are next to useless. You'll need to literally flood the engine with oil, so much so that the next time you start the engine, it will be difficult. We use at least a 1/2 teaspoon of oil, and sometimes more. A 3 oz. bottle of oil lasts about a dozen flying sessions.

If you remove the plug each time you run the risk of dirt entering the engine and 2-3 drops through the plug hole is not even going to reach the bearings where it's needed,it'll go straight out of the exhaust when you spin the motor over.

I always fill the carb twice and turn the flywheel by hand to suck the oil in and then give the engine two or three two second bursts on the starter to distribute the oil.Doing it that way makes sure it's circulated round the bearings where it's needed.

In forty plus years, I've never ruined an engine by using ARO.

Forget the WD-40,it won't do anything in the way of being an after run oil.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall