SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM
United States, MA, Freetown
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum dx Transmitter

OK!! Quick question, is the Spektrum dx transmitter the best that works with most all Heli's and is the dx6i most standard transmitter used?
Does the Spektrum transmitter have to have a Spektrum receiver for it to work with and how many heli's can you use with one transmitter?

inkslinger is online now Find More Posts by inkslinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,792 Posts
1. no. it works only on Spektrum compatible receivers (Spektrum, Orange Rx, etc.). use this to determine compatibility: http://bindnfly.com/CompatibleProducts/

2. answered in #1. using Dx4e and Dx5e you can bind several (i have done it with planes, helis should follow suit). using Dx6i there is Model Match so you are limited to the 10 model memory (hence, 10 helis). i imagine anything higher than Dx6i also has Model Match.

these questions may be better directed at: http://www.rcgroups.com/radios-135/
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
So the DX6 is better transmitter to get than the DX6i and it's more compatible with more Brand Heli's!
Right now I only have is a Blade cx2 and ounce master may be go with a 200 on up BNF Heli later , would just like one transmitter to handle a couple of heli's.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,792 Posts
not sure how you got the Dx6 is "more" compatible. it either is compatible or is not. it still has 6 channels. it does have more features but you can ask about those in the radio forum link i gave earlier.

a note of caution: the bindnfly.com info may not be entirely accurate so use it just as a guideline. it only compares two full range radios (Dx4e and 5e and i don't think the rest are full range). for example, for the mcp x v2, it states that the Dx4e is compatible and the Dx5e is compatible but not recommended. this makes no sense to me.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Today, 09:18 AM
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
What would be a all around transmitter that would fly most heli's. Like the Walkera will use the Devo Tx and the Blade will use the Spectrum Tx , witch would be the best for your buck that I could use with a Coaxial Heli and later a Fix Pitch Heli?