SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:52 AM
mvallyman
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2006
3 Posts
Discussion
Trouble with Harriers

I'm flying a EG MX-2 30%. been doing elevators and hovering but trouble with turns during harriers.
I can do it just fine on the Simulator and compensate with aileron but at the field I can give it rudder then more rudder without response then all at once it acts like its too much rudder especially turning right. Does this plane have issues or is there something I'm missing?
mvallyman is offline Find More Posts by mvallyman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 02:31 AM
United States, NJ, Hanover
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
Are you using a lot of expo? If so, bump it down a bit, an on/off switch-like expo setting makes for a tough bird to fly
jmart95 is offline Find More Posts by jmart95
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:16 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,597 Posts
I have found some planes need a little power added when turning in a harrier.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Sep 16, 2014, 09:25 AM
mvallyman
Joined Dec 2006
3 Posts
Thanks for the tips guy's.
Not that much, expo is at 35 with the rate at 100. I could try less rate and no expo and I'll also try a bit more power in the turns.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:07 PM
United States, DE, Magnolia
Joined Nov 2011
394 Posts
Keep an eye on your AOA
SubaruMike is offline Find More Posts by SubaruMike
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:39 PM
mvallyman
Joined Dec 2006
3 Posts
Tried it again today and found that a little boost of throttle helped and also learned that I wasn't using enough opposite aileron to correct on banking.

thanks again
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:35 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvallyman View Post
Tried it again today and found that a little boost of throttle helped and also learned that I wasn't using enough opposite aileron to correct on banking.

thanks again
Glad you figured it out. Also if your plane has SFG's put them on. They really help clean up the plane in post stall flight. If your plane does not have any SFG's I would suggest you make some for it as they help a lot.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Sep 17, 2014, 01:49 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
245 Posts
Lots of good advice there, I always add some power in the turn n u need to use opp. aileron Ur expo sounds fine, though I run almost double that on full rates. Good luck!
Shirty is online now Find More Posts by Shirty