SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:11 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
final product looks awesome , just my luck I ran out of ink for my printer. but I have to add this to my to do list .can you post a pick of where you added the carbon rod.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:50 PM
Ich Fliege
United States, TX, Texas City
Joined Sep 2013
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
final product looks awesome , just my luck I ran out of ink for my printer. but I have to add this to my to do list .can you post a pick of where you added the carbon rod.
Thanks Sandman!! I updated the plans in the first post for the carbon flat. Since she was already put together, I simply slid the carbon flat through the fuse along the trailing edge of the wing and attached the ends to each boom. Made a big difference. The 2-3 deg of down angle on the motor solved the excessive climb at high throttle. The second flight this evening was sweet, zero trim, 50% rate on ailerons and 85% on the elevator, both with 30% expo.

Let me know how she does if you build one,

Mike
goebelmj is offline Find More Posts by goebelmj
Old Aug 25, 2014, 04:12 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebelmj View Post
Thanks Sandman!! I updated the plans in the first post for the carbon flat. Since she was already put together, I simply slid the carbon flat through the fuse along the trailing edge of the wing and attached the ends to each boom. Made a big difference. The 2-3 deg of down angle on the motor solved the excessive climb at high throttle. The second flight this evening was sweet, zero trim, 50% rate on ailerons and 85% on the elevator, both with 30% expo.

Let me know how she does if you build one,

Mike
thanks for the update .
ooh im going to build one for sure . I got the foam ,servos motor and esc , I build a lot of scratch build foamies . it just so happens that I just ran out of ink for the printer, going to get some ink in the weekend, I want to try and have it built by sept 9th I am going to an all electric event , and want to have some thing unique, I will direct them to this page ifanyone ask . gotta give credit where credit is due, cheers
Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:44 PM
Ich Fliege
Joined Sep 2013
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
thanks for the update .
ooh im going to build one for sure . I got the foam ,servos motor and esc , I build a lot of scratch build foamies . it just so happens that I just ran out of ink for the printer, going to get some ink in the weekend, I want to try and have it built by sept 9th I am going to an all electric event , and want to have some thing unique, I will direct them to this page ifanyone ask . gotta give credit where credit is due, cheers
You're welcome!! I dialed the elevator rate down to 75% and turned the aileron rate up to 60%. I took her out for a toss this evening and she flew like a dream and looked awesome in the air. She doesn't have the prettiest roll/spin but not bad.

Good luck with the build and have fun at the electric event.

Mike
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:51 PM
Joined Apr 2013
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebelmj View Post
I took her out for a toss this evening and she flew like a dream and looked awesome in the air. She doesn't have the prettiest roll/spin but not bad.
Congrats!
Video, please
nuteman is offline Find More Posts by nuteman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My youtube channel
Old Aug 28, 2014, 06:43 PM
Ich Fliege
Joined Sep 2013
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuteman View Post
Congrats!
Video, please
Thanks nute!!

Here's the maiden flight video...

Mike

P-61 Black Widow Maiden (1 min 44 sec)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 08:45 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
looks great ,it also looks like one of my other favorite planes . the a10 bronco ,hint hint