HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:45 AM
Yoyoer trying to fly.
Indonesia, Jogja
Joined Dec 2013
70 Posts
Discussion
V911 Tx rudder trim button problem

I just got my v911 about a week ago and now the rudder left trim starts glitching. If I pressed left, sometimes it adds aileron trim, sometimes it add right rudder trim, sometimes it works properly. Can anyone suggest how to fix it? I had it accidentally turned on inside my bag for a day long until the battery shot without me knowing, it might be the source of the problem... now I had to trim the rudder before flying just to make sure it's trimming the right way. I can do some basic soldering and willing to learn about electronics if it's necessary. I wanna keep myself from buying a new one since I'm planning to go to CP and use v911 just so I have something to fly while saving up.
Thanks!
Rizkiyoist is offline Find More Posts by Rizkiyoist
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2014, 04:39 AM
Yoyoer trying to fly.
Indonesia, Jogja
Joined Dec 2013
70 Posts
no solution?
Old Jan 01, 2014, 09:47 AM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Sep 2013
400 Posts
Doesn't sound like a battery problem, but not real sure what it could be. Is this the radio that comes with the V911? If so, it's not very good to start with, and unless you see something obvious when/if you open it up, you'd be better off just replacing it with a better one. What to get only you can decide, although if you want to keep flying the V911, it'll need to speak Flysky. That means either a 9X or Taranis, or a Devo flashed with the Deviation firmware and a hardware mod, using parts from your (maybe) dead V911 TX. Good luck.

Dave
daved20319 is online now Find More Posts by daved20319
Old Jan 02, 2014, 12:19 AM
Yoyoer trying to fly.
Indonesia, Jogja
Joined Dec 2013
70 Posts
Ahh so it seems 9x is the best option, thinking to build a 450 anyway so it is an investment... but still maybe going for v922 as a cheaper upgrade before going 450. I don't really mind about the v922 too sensitive and not programmable though, but then building 450 would be delayed yet again...
Old Jan 02, 2014, 01:15 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,387 Posts
With todays gear - I always start with re-binding .. just to make sure full communication is working.
Then I start with others one by one.

They say that the 9x is the best solution for overall control of the v9xx series heli's so for $50 ... can't be bad.

I am 9x user ... I have two and a 9xr ... but with FrSky, which is no use for these heli's. You have to stay FlySky
I intend to swap out one of my 9x's back to FlySky and bind my 911 to it.

I also have a 959 quad .. with camera. Word is the camera cannot be activated by the 9x ... seems a bit strange. I will have a go with that - see if I can get a work-round ..

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Jan 02, 2014, 06:50 AM
Yoyoer trying to fly.
Indonesia, Jogja
Joined Dec 2013
70 Posts
If only it cost $50 I wouldn't hesitate. I can only find one lightly used for about $75, new would cost me $90 buying locally. If I order one from hk the shipping will probably cost $20, let alone we have tax for importing stuff that cost more than $50... so probably about $75, maybe a week or two shipping... will take me a few weeks to save up that much (I'm still in college) but I'm going for it anyways. If you know anywhere I could get free shipping please tell me, thanks!

edit: Btw can flysky T6 bind v911?
Last edited by Rizkiyoist; Jan 02, 2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2014, 10:30 AM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Sep 2013
400 Posts
Why does everyone think the 9X radios are only $50? The Turnigy 9X from HK is $70, the Flysky version (antenna on module) is $90 from Amazon, both with 8 ch. receiver. And those have been the prices for at least the last few months. That said, that's still really cheap for a pretty full featured, fairly high channel programmable radio, and it becomes even more of a bargain when you change the firmware over to ER9X or OpenTX.

The equivalent Devo TX is half again as much, and the equivalent Spektrum is more than 3 times the cost, and can ONLY be used to fly Spektrum compatible birds/RX's. With the 9X, you can get modules to allow flying Blade (DSM2/DSMX) birds, Frsky, and I think there's a JR module as well. With the Devo, by changing over to the Deviation firmware, you can fly multiple protocols just by switching protocols in the receiver, and there are additional protocols that can become available with some fairly simple hardware mods.

It's worth noting that I'm also a newb to all this, I only started in this hobby a few months back. I decided early on I needed a better radio than what comes with the WL Toys RTF packages, did a little research, and decided that a Turnigy 9X would be the best bang for my buck. In hindsight, I wish I'd spent the extra bucks and bought the Flysky version, having the antenna on the module makes life a lot simpler, I have a hardware mod on mine in the not too distant future. Learning the radio has been almost as steep a curve as learning to fly these birds, but I think it's paying off in a better understanding of just what it takes to make them work. And being able to fly EVERYTHING with one radio is a big plus in my opinion, no fumbling around trying to remember which switch is where and what it does.

BTW, if you happen to order a Walkera RTF package, I suggest avoiding anything with the 7E radio, unless you just have to have a small TX for some reason. Its limitations far exceed the "advantage" of it's compact size, I'd opt for either a BNF and buy a Devo 8 or 10, or a package that you can upgrade to the Devo 10. I think I'm going to order a Devo 10 myself soon, see how it compares to my 9X, and if I like it, I'll probably standardize on the 10.

Like I said, this is the experiences and opinions of a newb, so take them for what they're worth . Later.

Dave
Old Jan 02, 2014, 10:57 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,387 Posts
hi Dave ...

The $50 is a common quote based on what a lot of people do - they buy the barebones 9x without module. I personally forgot about that and agree that a total all in price is more.

Your comment about buying factory FS instead of Turnigy ... in fact both are same and later FS are without FM antenna on top. It's the early ones like mine that still have the FM antenna.
The Turnigy only needs the wire cut between the Module and antenna to fit another module. There's nothing super special about it.

You can in fact remove antenna from main Tx case and fit to the module - that's been done.

The 9x - provides an excellent budget way into serious programmable radio ... I have two of them + a new 9xr ... so you can say - I'm a bit biased !

I also started what has become the biggest FlySky radio online group for helping people get best out of them... on Yahoo Groups.

Nigel
Old Jan 02, 2014, 02:12 PM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Sep 2013
400 Posts
So Nigel, are you running stock firmware or one of the replacements? And how does someone go about joining your Yahoo group, if it's still in existence? I've learned a lot about these things, the main thing being that I still have a LOT to learn!

As to the antenna on the case vs. the module, I'm not talking FM, mine is a 2.4. I thought the main difference between the current Turnigy version vs. the current Flysky version was the antenna location. I fully intend to move the antenna on mine from the case to the module, but I seldom do today what I can put of until next week , so it probably won't happen until I get around to buying a Blade heli and NEED to be able to plug in a DSM2/DSMX module. Although I may put it off then, since I can fly Spektrum stuff with my Devo 7E, but that would be a stop-gap measure, I really don't like that radio much. Later.

Dave
Old Jan 02, 2014, 03:26 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
So Nigel, are you running stock firmware or one of the replacements? And how does someone go about joining your Yahoo group, if it's still in existence? I've learned a lot about these things, the main thing being that I still have a LOT to learn!
I run stock firmware on both 9x's ... one a FlySky original and the other is Turnigy 9x ... only difference being the antenna.
My 9xr has er9x ...

Quote:
As to the antenna on the case vs. the module, I'm not talking FM, mine is a 2.4. I thought the main difference between the current Turnigy version vs. the current Flysky version was the antenna location.
Both are 2.4Ghz ... it's just that FlySky on their factory models never removed the original FM telescopic antenna and just mounted the stub 2.4Ghz one on the module. If you can get an old FlySky FM Module it will work in that radio. Turnigy just took the factory radio and moved the antenna - that's all they did.

Quote:
I fully intend to move the antenna on mine from the case to the module, but I seldom do today what I can put of until next week , so it probably won't happen until I get around to buying a Blade heli and NEED to be able to plug in a DSM2/DSMX module.
Don't bother - leave it be ... or just remove it altogether. The Turnigy barebones 9x does not have any antenna on it at all. Because all modules come with their own.

cheers
Nigel

Yahoo group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/