Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:36 PM
Snappy Title On Backorder....
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Jun 2011
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Women .....

If you LISTEN to her - She'll accuse you of not advising and helping her ..

If you speak and advise - she'll accuse you of not listening to her ..

Admit it guys - we cannot win.

Not so long ago ... my present wife reckoned she was going to throw out some gear of mine that she objected to. My answer was simple and short : Do that darling and it's last act of a lonely woman ...

All went quiet ... she left the room ... 30 mins later - she brought me a cup of tea ! No it did not have posion in it.

Incident had no more mention - it was left alone ... all was fine again.

But we all know that 6 months from now - SHE will bring it up ...

Guys we cannot win.

Nigel
I had a bit of a similar discussion with my wife several years ago. I ended up telling her that my planes were here before she was so they have tenure. She then asked me if I would leave her over a hobby. I told her no and informed her that I'd leave her for trying to change the rules after the game already started and that she bought into it when we got married and knew that quite well. She's better now.

She's still only been to the field three times in 16 years even though I ask her all the time if she'd like to go with me. Takes some of the fun out of the hobby sometimes when you know your S/O doesn't really like you doing something that makes you happy. I have to say though that this is our only issue we have any friction about so all in all I can't complain too much.

Oh and DX8 or 18.
tsymonds is offline Find More Posts by tsymonds
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:52 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
I went to the river..
I think I saw you there. I was in the van down by river...
road_rascal is online now Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:24 AM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,778 Posts
I'd pick out a nice radio...maybe the one that comes in the inst panel of a new Cessna 172? She did say, "to order a new whatever I wanted on her".
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:10 PM
Flying electric since 1986
USA, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Oct 2000
1,764 Posts
I think I'd start looking for a new wife to go with my new transmitter. Maybe it's just me, but I find that sort of childish behavior totally unacceptable on several levels.
Mark Wolf is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wolf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aeromodel Skybuggy 100
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:17 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,556 Posts
Now that I think about this it could really be a good thing. Just pick out something that you want to replace, start fiddling with it and piss the wife off, she breaks it and BINGO!, you get a new whatever. I think you can work this, just don't get carried away or she'll figure out what you're up to.

Chuck
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:23 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilf370 View Post
Consider your self screwed! You pick out a nice radio tx and get her to pay for it!
She will then know how much you spend on your toys.
Well honey How much did that new Zoom splate cost you got there?
wilf
LOL, the OP better get himself a DX5e so she can't accuse him of taking advantage of her!
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:16 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
My wife came home yesterday really miffed at her ex-husband over some family things and apparently had to let me have what she really wanted to give him, but couldn't. Well I got it! I had just gotten in from flying my Fun Cub and was changing the trim mechanically with the rx in front of me and not listening to her rant when she picked up my DX6i and slammed it face down on the bar to get my attention..she did! Tx was broken pretty good. Day really went downhill from there, I went to the river.. This morning when I got up she felt bad and told me to order a new whatever I wanted on her........If RC was as hard as women to figure out I would not be flying..Dave/zeezee
The above highlighted statement leads me to believe this whole scenario is pure fiction.

I never met a woman that would admit fault nor feeling bad about any behavior.
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:50 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBen View Post
So true. I could say the sky is blue and still be wrong. Worst thing is. She will make me start believing I am wrong. It must be green.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:20 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,480 Posts
Quote:
The above highlighted statement leads me to believe this whole scenario is pure fiction.

Unless, of course, it's of the "Momma said you were no good. I should have listened to her!" sort.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:40 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
Quote:

You need to find a better woman.
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:44 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblueswope View Post
You need to find a better woman.
Funny, that's what I keep telling the one I got...
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:45 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustben View Post
funny, that's what i keep telling the one i got...
lol.
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:32 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,555 Posts
Mine has the capability of moments of crazy, whether woman-based or Irish-based.

The thing that makes her a diamond beyond measure is she does realize and acknowledge the craziness after the fact, and often mentions that she has done a post-mortem and realized she went a little cuckoo.

All of em are crazy. One who will realize and admit it? I win.

edit: go for a DX7s or DX8, those aren't taking too much advantage. But also order a milspec grade carrying case for it. When she mentions it you say "honey neither one of us wants to go through that again"
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:55 PM
fly 1 day, repair the next 3
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Dec 2012
160 Posts
I think some Lexapro is needed.
Myko is offline Find More Posts by Myko
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:05 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Jan 2006
192 Posts
Me...I'd be very careful at this stage. This must be handled very carefully as this is just another TEST for you to pass.
I'd suggest to her that I will take the TX in and see if it can be repaired. Being a DX6i of course the repair place will tell you it is not worth it. There should be a bit of sadness to your face as you pass this info along keeping in mind (aloud) that this was a great TX and you flew many planes on it. Make it clear this was not just a piece of equipment, easily replaced. Kinda like losing her great grammas ring etc.
I'd also not take too much advantage of the situation as they are paying the upload they will use that again and again. I'd suggest you put in a bit of cash toward the upgrade so you also can null the later arguement that will be coming.
Meanwhile keep us posted on how it goes...
touche is offline Find More Posts by touche