SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:05 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Discussion
Many questioned awaiting from your help!

After paying nearly 400 bucks at local hobby store, I feel like I'm been ripped off (Sorry I'm cheap and poor), so I told myself that I just made a big distributions to my local community.

Playing RC car alone is really boring, and not motivating.

Any websites that you guys would recommend me to purchase RC car related stuff? TowerHobbies, RCPlanet, ValueHobby, HobbyKing, HobbyPartz?

Sigh, I got a TowerHobbies exclusively offer that gives me $25 for order over $50, so now I am going all crazy trying to buy some stuff=.= is TowerHobbies a good website?

There is so much thing that I want to buy, but necessary needed. Well, at least I should finish my car's body.

Hum. I think for now I need a LED unit for my TT01-E(Honda CR-Z), yup yup. Oh, LED holders is a must maybe? so the light won't go though somewhere else from the body?

A wing maybe, it's stated as H part(part code: 19000201), but I couldn't find it, any universal one you wanna recommend?

Since I applied the stickers without taking off the protective film(stupid me), I am planning the use bottles of Pactra Polycarbonate Colored paints to brush it, black and orange, good idea?

What else, I know you guys would help me out, let me think. I don't know. =.=.
I'm sure wparsons!!! yes you! you're reading my post and you have a TT01 drifter. Do you think if I turn it into a drift car I will have some fun? What do I need to do in order to make it a drift car? drift tires? one way diff on the front? lock the diff on the rear? Turnbuckle Tie-Rod Set ? Adjustable Upper Arm TT-01? Tamiya Aluminum Racing Steering Set TT01?

Any help is appreciated!
lawjie is offline Find More Posts by lawjie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:17 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,390 Posts
Tower Hobbies is first rate . I have always received good service.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/ A main is also great. When you call them ask about promo codes and you can usually get few bucks off. I have ordered batty packs from Hobby King with good luck it can take awhile.

I find driving alone is rather relaxing yes it is always more fun to have some buddies out running. Practice time is always going to help.
I would save my money on some of the fancy stuff.The led lights are cool but I would rather have a good charger and some battery packs.

Pactra makes a great paint so does Parma Faskolor and Tamiya

The TT01 would make a good drifter If your broke (like most of us) And this is the car you have then if you want to drift then you'll have to make do. Drift tires is a good pace to start. As far as a one-way I think those are more for a belt driven car. My cars have been shaft driven and I don't have one in my current car. As far as locking the diff I might pass on that. If it is something you can in and out give it a try. I've hear of guy's using jb weld to lock the diff I wouldn't. You have a good start there
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:14 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
If you want to drift, just get hard drift tires. You don't need anything fancier than that to start out.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:23 AM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
If you want to drift, just get hard drift tires. You don't need anything fancier than that to start out.
So true.. I have a set of drift tires for my TT01E and nothing else is set up for drifting on the cars. Its like a completely different car and so much fun.
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:24 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
Tower Hobbies is first rate . I have always received good service.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/ A main is also great. When you call them ask about promo codes and you can usually get few bucks off. I have ordered batty packs from Hobby King with good luck it can take awhile.

I find driving alone is rather relaxing yes it is always more fun to have some buddies out running. Practice time is always going to help.
I would save my money on some of the fancy stuff.The led lights are cool but I would rather have a good charger and some battery packs.

Pactra makes a great paint so does Parma Faskolor and Tamiya

The TT01 would make a good drifter If your broke (like most of us) And this is the car you have then if you want to drift then you'll have to make do. Drift tires is a good pace to start. As far as a one-way I think those are more for a belt driven car. My cars have been shaft driven and I don't have one in my current car. As far as locking the diff I might pass on that. If it is something you can in and out give it a try. I've hear of guy's using jb weld to lock the diff I wouldn't. You have a good start there
Thank you for your replay. I think I have not so bad batteries(5000mAh NiMh). o.O and I think if I were going to use 2S LiPo packs, I need to do some modification to make it fit it.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:57 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
These packs will fit without trimming the chassis, but trimming the chassis isn't hard at all with a dremel tool.

http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-lp...h-p-25829.html
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:39 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
These packs will fit without trimming the chassis, but trimming the chassis isn't hard at all with a dremel tool.

http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-lp...h-p-25829.html
o.o nooooo. Didn't see them last time. Well. I bought my whole set at local hobby store, if I were there once again with this batteries, I'm sure they would convince me to buy some other else batteries.

Don't you think the one I bought(DuraTrax NiMH Onyx 7.2V 5000mAh Stick Std Plug DTXC2063) is pretty good too?

I mean it's 5000 mAh for around $35 bucks. Also I heard that for NiMH I don't need to worry too much about voltage and charging stuff. Also it's the LiPo charger a little bit more expensive than the NiMH charger?