HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 08:08 PM
Joined Aug 2014
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMcc View Post
Is pinion to main gear mesh adjustable? That looks like it was running pretty loose.
My first main gear lasted some 250+ flights, and as many crashes, but I've just stripped another one in short order due to failing to hit Throttle Hold at a "delicate moment". I've no more spares so have ordered 6 more (3 packs).

No the mesh is not adjustable. At least, I've tried to "pressure" the main motor whilst doing up the bolts, which may have had a slight effect on the last try. I guess one could drill out or file the main motor bolt-holes, though I'm happy just to replace the main gear when necessary. Cheers
Phecda is offline Find More Posts by Phecda
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:17 AM
nr1
Joined Feb 2012
82 Posts
Guys, got the problem that the stock feathering shaft of my V922 always easily bents when having crashes.

Is there somewhere a "stronger" feathering shaft available?
Is there a good method to repair bent shafts?

Don't want to replace the feathering shaft after each little crash..
nr1 is offline Find More Posts by nr1
Old Today, 09:19 AM
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Aug 2013
389 Posts
The 922 and Blade MCP X / MCP X BL have the same size main shaft so the BL head would fit but I don't know if the swash to grip links would work. Maybe somebody can chime in on that?
SLMcc is online now Find More Posts by SLMcc
Old Today, 12:20 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1 View Post
Guys, got the problem that the stock feathering shaft of my V922 always easily bents when having crashes.

Is there somewhere a "stronger" feathering shaft available?
Is there a good method to repair bent shafts?

Don't want to replace the feathering shaft after each little crash..
I just repaired the bent shaft on my HCP100. My heli was vibrating badly and was almost uncontrollable because the vibrations were confusing the gyro.

I used a vice, vice grips, and a flat surface (a tile). I squeezed it in the vice to straighten the bend as much as possible. I rolled it on the tile to check it then clamped it in the vice with the bend exposed and carefully worked on straightening the end with the vice grips. In the end, it wasn't absolutely perfect but it was close enough to allow the heli to fly smoothly again.
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor