HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:24 AM
See
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Discussion
elogger v4 very hot on 12S Setup???

hey there,
used a v4 on 6S and it was no problem.. but now i changed to 12S and it gets very hot even I did not start the engine... just when i plug in the motor-lipos it starts heating up and after 1-2 minutes it's veryyyy hot....

whats the problem?

best
Sebastian
See is offline Find More Posts by See
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi, it's normal for the eLogger to get warm under those circumstances. If the eLogger gets too warm, the voltage regulator will shut off, so no problems should be caused by it unless you are seeing a shutoff. Note that if you are using accessories with the eLogger, you should use a battery backup harness as described in the manual.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:10 AM
See
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
hi,
ok. but after 1-2 flights the logger did not show up on the screen at all.. mhh
also the BatteryV gets from 45 to 52 V on the display.. ?

the backup harness is installed..
best
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi, on which screen did the logger not show up?
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:33 AM
See
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
hi
the screen of the video osd... seems for me that it gets too hot and shut down the signal for osd...
best seb
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi See,

With the backup harness installed, that should not be possible. Are you sure the harness is installed correctly? If it is installed correctly, the LED should be blinking on the eLogger even when no main pack is connected to the eLogger.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
See
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi See,

With the backup harness installed, that should not be possible. Are you sure the harness is installed correctly? If it is installed correctly, the LED should be blinking on the eLogger even when no main pack is connected to the eLogger.
Hi,

i send the logger to the factory today...
the backup harness is installed correctly and the unit suffers from a second lipo unit across this harness.. blinking even when the main lipo is not connected to the motor... i think it's broken...
best Seb