HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:12 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Are both you guys in China? Is there a possibility to commission a factory to make custom items, like MSR paddles for the v911, for example?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Nov 01, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
From my personal business experience it's better to announce such ventures, when you have everything setup and ready to go with website and all the stuff
I totally agree.
But I'm looking forward (as all others too) to your new marriage
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:23 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
I totally agree.
But I'm looking forward (as all others too) to your new marriage
Looking from their side, I see some merit of telling people ASAP, so potential customers don't stock up on spares from other places.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:29 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Congrats. Really excited to watch this get off the ground and be able to support someone that is a huge part of this community.
Thanks JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
From my personal business experience it's better to announce such ventures, when you have everything setup and ready to go with website and all the stuff

Just my 0.02c and i'm sad that won't be your customer unless i move to US
For me it's making a mental and personal commitment that I have to hold myself to, driving the need to succeed. It's like making a decision to cross a faulty bridge that's about to break knowing that you can't turn back once you've started crossing it because I can never go back to corporate life again. I also needed some excitement to prevent depression from being laid off, which I haven't had to go through in 17 years.

If it turns out that we can get you items cheaper and\or more timely than what you can get now, or if you're buying from us because of the service, then we can do international, but we want to focus on our US customers first and get established and make sure we can comfortably accomodate them so we don't stretch ourselves thin.

What I don't want to happen is that we say to the US market we're starting up mainly to service them and then all our inventory gets shipped international. If business takes off, and we know we're on the right track, we'll order alot more stock to accommodate international orders so that domestic availability isn't affected.

I've paid the additional fees to get the LLC expedited as I really want to get to work on the website now that the initial order is in.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Are both you guys in China? Is there a possibility to commission a factory to make custom items, like MSR paddles for the v911, for example?
James lives in China, I live in Central Florida. We're both of Asian persuasian (although I only speak English) James knows the owner of Benma personally so maybe we can see if they'll take another stab at it. You'll notice I haven't finished my 2nd blog on the comparison of the two.......I already know the answer from looking at the Benma flybar and know that my prototype is better.

I assume you mean a flybar molded with the exact (or as exact without infringing on copyrights) dimensions of the MSR paddles integrated, not just the paddles themselves right? Is Xtreme no longer making these or in sufficient quantity?
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Nov 01, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:58 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
James lives in China, I live in Central Florida. We're both of Asian persuasian James knows the owner of Benma personally so maybe we can see if they'll take another stab at it. You'll notice I haven't finished my 2nd blog on the comparison of the two.......I already know the answer from looking at the Benma flybar and know that my prototype is better.

I assume you mean a flybar molded with the exact (or as exact without infringing on copyrights) dimensions of the MSR paddles integrated, not just the paddles themselves right? Is Xtreme no longer making these or in sufficient quantity?
Yes, I mean an integrated unit, so we don't have to cut, sand, & squeeze to make the DIY version. Or you (or I, or anybody else) can design some version that is adjustable in some ways (e.g., length, weight, surface area), and see what it takes to manufacture such a thing. Of course you probably can find a molding shop locally, but it would cost more. I just thought if you were in China and speak the language, you can probe the cheapest route.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I just thought if you were in China and speak the language, you can probe the cheapest route.
That's where Mr. Chen comes in. Benma already makes a paddled design and they've taken alot of input from James, we just need to jab a little harder with a pointier object and see if they'll modify or make another one
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:19 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,945 Posts
It's quite hard to be working together but belong to different timezones. That's a difference of 12 hours between the 2 partners. I wonder who's the one sacrificing sleep!
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:45 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
This is pretty exciting
I'll be happy to have a local-ish store and support some people that have been very helpful to me on this forum.

If you guys need any help with the website I'll volunteer some of the little free time I have if it would help any.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
It's quite hard to be working together but belong to different timezones. That's a difference of 12 hours between the 2 partners. I wonder who's the one sacrificing sleep!
Our GF's are getting neglected. So we collaborate twice a day at hours of 8-12. When 8 PM his time is 8 AM my time and then 8AM my time is 8PM his time, so we're both up pretty late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
This is pretty exciting
I'll be happy to have a local-ish store and support some people that have been very helpful to me on this forum.

If you guys need any help with the website I'll volunteer some of the little free time I have if it would help any.
Thanks for the offer Skitchen. We'll keep it mind.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:24 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Our GF's are getting neglected. So we collaborate twice a day at hours of 8-12. When 8 PM his time is 8 AM my time and then 8AM my time is 8PM his time, so we're both up pretty late.

Thanks for the offer Skitchen. We'll keep it mind.
I heard long distance relationships can be hard on a couple. Remember not to neglect your GF's
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:09 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
This is great news, congratulations to you both!

I'll be damn sure to throw some money your guy's way soon as you're up and running.

Best of luck,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:32 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,330 Posts
Congrats to both of you!

This will be an enormous adventure - unfortunately I'm in Germany - but if - no WHEN - you'll need help overseas - give me a call!

Best of luck!
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Thanks Mike, Crash and Mak. I think I can speak for James when I say that our GF's have been very supportive and understanding of the long hours we've been putting in. I actually worked in the same office with my GF so we no longer have spats over work. Next week will be hectic getting the website up and running, and receiving the shipment and sorting it all out.

Thanks for the encouragement
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:54 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,260 Posts
Will the mini pet batts work on the V939?
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy