SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:56 PM
Akron/Canton, Ohio, United States
Joined Apr 2004
80 Posts
Complaint
Appeal for a reported thread that was not pointed

I reported this thread as Trolling, Provocation; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1744690 and no action was taken by the moderators.

The thread starter accuses Republicans of being Racist and this post and thread is directed at the Republicans who post on RCG. He has been banned on more than one occasion for just the type of behavior. It obviously worked as several other posts in that thread have been pointed for trying to point out his behavior. In response to this thread several others were started that mimic it but are directed at other groups. One of them has been pointed. They are just as bad. Why not the one that started all this mess? Why does RCG allow these types of threads?

I would like to request that this thread be reviewed.
Jon Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Jon Shaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
811 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...98&postcount=1

Proposed violation - Trolling (Provocation)

Issue -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shaw View Post
I reported this thread as Trolling, Provocation; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1744690 and no action was taken by the moderators.

The thread starter accuses Republicans of being Racist and this post and thread is directed at the Republicans who post on RCG. He has been banned on more than one occasion for just the type of behavior. It obviously worked as several other posts in that thread have been pointed for trying to point out his behavior. In response to this thread several others were started that mimic it but are directed at other groups. One of them has been pointed. They are just as bad. Why not the one that started all this mess? Why does RCG allow these types of threads?

I would like to request that this thread be reviewed.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
Akron/Canton, Ohio, United States
Joined Apr 2004
80 Posts
The post is an example of a Logical fallacy or loaded statement, not unlike the statement "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" The premise of the thread is that Republicans are already racists.

Quote:
A loaded question is a question which contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

In light of that, I feel the post breaks the following rule;

Quote:
Trolling Provocation. The post contains content which is designed to elicit an emotional response from other users.
Jon Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Jon Shaw
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:51 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,401 Posts
Quote:
The thread starter accuses Republicans of being Racist and this post and thread is directed at the Republicans who post on RCG.
This post does not appear to be directed at RCG users and does not break a rule.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Closed Thread