HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:49 AM
Joined Aug 2003
2,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post

Nothing new here. Next.
I can see that, but elite athletic ability doesnt make someone elite when theyre lacking as a human being. Youre right nothing new at all.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:06 AM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
.............The guy is a total pathalogical liar and a slimeball. The only reason he's admitting to anything is his back is up against the wall now, and he's covering his bets for future legal action against him...........
I thought he had to come clean in order to be allowed to compete in future sporting events. I can't imagine why he would want to. He's worth 100 million. Take the money and run Lance, and keep your mouth shut.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:16 AM
Joined Mar 2008
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELModels View Post
I can see that, but elite athletic ability doesnt make someone elite when theyre lacking as a human being. Youre right nothing new at all.
So 'winners' of sporting events now also need to be 'good human beings?' I thought the purpose of a sporting event was to be the winner?
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Aug 2003
2,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post
So 'winners' of sporting events now also need to be 'good human beings?' I thought the purpose of a sporting event was to be the winner?
You get it, but in case....

Maybe not required on the field, just follow the rules there. Usually the rules keep things human. If they do lack as human beings, it'll catch up somewhere off the field. Just look at the NBA, NFL for many examples of how talent doesnt keep some out of serious trouble.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:48 PM
WBE
Las Vegas Circle Burners
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Aug 2005
592 Posts
Revenge of the Domestique

Should be a good read.
WBE is online now Find More Posts by WBE
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:19 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBE View Post
Revenge of the Domestique

Should be a good read.
Is Lance's ex-wife writing a book now too ?.
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:12 PM
WBE
Las Vegas Circle Burners
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Aug 2005
592 Posts
Quote:
Is Lance's ex-wife writing a book now too ?.
Yes! Somebody needs to position themselves for a payday from this scandal.

I remember reading about this guy maybe 20 years ago during his first stint as a triathlete. The Sports Illustrated article talked about this rising star from Texas training with some of the top US riders at the time and was seriously considering taking up cycling as his specialty; and that the rest of the cycling world needs to 'Look Out!'.

The article also went on to say that he didn't get along with teammates, coaches, was difficult etc. You're right about him being a jerk from way back, I chalked it up to youthful cockiness. Man, was I off the mark!
WBE is online now Find More Posts by WBE
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:34 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
During Oprah's interview Lance was asked if he ever offered a $250,000 donation to USADA like they claim he did. Lance said that never happened. Now the head of USADA at that time is backing up their claim that it actually did happen, and after they received the phone call they called the person back and refused the donation.

So even when Lance is on nation TV supposedly telling the "truth" he's STILL lying !.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
During Oprah's interview Lance was asked if he ever offered a $250,000 donation to USADA like they claim he did. Lance said that never happened. Now the head of USADA at that time is backing up their claim that it actually did happen, and after they received the phone call they called the person back and refused the donation.

So even when Lance is on nation TV supposedly telling the "truth" he's STILL lying !.
Here is the problem with lying. The USADA head could now claim Lance killed his pet parakeet with a pea shot from a piccolo and nobody would believe Lance if he denied it.
saltyzoo is offline Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:56 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Imagine that. A habitual liar continues to lie. I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:10 AM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Here is the problem with lying. The USADA head could now claim Lance killed his pet parakeet with a pea shot from a piccolo and nobody would believe Lance if he denied it.
Yup, that's instructed to the jury in court cases.
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:20 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELModels View Post
Elite athletes have any number of ways to lack. Doping is just one of them.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
While I was out walking yesterday I saw a guy riding his bike wearing a team Radioshack jersey like Lance's comeback team used to wear. I felt like yelling out "It's Lance Armstrong !", but I always hate it when somebody yells at me when I'm out riding my bike, so I kept my mouth shut.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:32 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Paul Kimmage has a good laugh while watching Lance's confession, and we learn from Lance's mom what he was really like in the early 90's.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...strong-cycling
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
The body language of a pathalogical liar and a sociopath .......

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...ew-with-oprah/