HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2011, 06:26 AM
United States, OH, Massillon
Joined Mar 2011
4 Posts
New Product
hobbyking cessna 310

has any one seen this? release date? price?

Cessna 310 - HobbyKing Durafly Series (3 min 32 sec)
robo1211 is offline Find More Posts by robo1211
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:43 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Jun 2010
53 Posts
Very nice but all the while that HobbyKing are taking up time at Durafly producing these 1100mm planes they're not making the good stuff like the Durafly Spitfire.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10778
Haven't seen stock outside of USA for over 4 months.
Summer will be gone this year before I get a chance to fly one of these.
Kozmyk is offline Find More Posts by Kozmyk
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:31 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
that 310 is offered by several companies. Nitroplanes sells it under the Dynam brand name. They have been shipping it for months, but recently ran out of the PNP version, again. They hav the RTF version with the TX and RX in stock.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...uiser-arf.html

Put the first flight on one for a friend at the club field. VERY nice model. very faintly tail heavy using the stock battery and setup per the instructions...CG needs to be moved forward a little bit, perhaps 1/4".

Even faintly tailheavy, the handling was great, with the elevator toned down.

If you search around in R/C groups, there are a couple of extensive threads on the Dynam 310.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, PA, Grove City
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
that 310 is offered by several companies. Nitroplanes sells it under the Dynam brand name. They have been shipping it for months, but recently ran out of the PNP version, again. They hav the RTF version with the TX and RX in stock.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...uiser-arf.html

Put the first flight on one for a friend at the club field. VERY nice model. very faintly tail heavy using the stock battery and setup per the instructions...CG needs to be moved forward a little bit, perhaps 1/4".

Even faintly tailheavy, the handling was great, with the elevator toned down.

If you search around in R/C groups, there are a couple of extensive threads on the Dynam 310.
I read your post Thomas, and then got a kick out of hearing what HK said on the video. They claimed it was exclusively their plane, made from their tooling. I hear that claim made right after hearing you state that Nitroplanes and others also have it. I wouldn't trust any of those companies claims worth a nickel. Then again, these manufacturers seem to be able to splash molds quite well these days.
B
Onna Vakkation is offline Find More Posts by Onna Vakkation
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
I'm new to this stuff and the Hobby King website has been really helpful. I will be buying my first plane from them but there are only two reasons "Ben from Hobby King" would make those claims about the exclusivity of this model. Either he didn't bother to do a quick search of his competitors to find out it's not exclusive or he was aware of the situation and assumed his customers couldn't figure it out.
evan the cdn is offline Find More Posts by evan the cdn
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan the cdn View Post
I'm new to this stuff and the Hobby King website has been really helpful. I will be buying my first plane from them but there are only two reasons "Ben from Hobby King" would make those claims about the exclusivity of this model. Either he didn't bother to do a quick search of his competitors to find out it's not exclusive or he was aware of the situation and assumed his customers couldn't figure it out.
The third reason, already mentioned, is copying, which is what "splashing" refers to. Some GWS planes were likely copied nearly 100%, by another company that simply bought their planes, and used the foam parts to make molds so that they could sell the same thing.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:57 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onna Vakkation View Post
The third reason, already mentioned, is copying, which is what "splashing" refers to. Some GWS planes were likely copied nearly 100%, by another company that simply bought their planes, and used the foam parts to make molds so that they could sell the same thing.
Not splashed in this case, as the decals on the 310 in the HK video are the same blue and black decals and the same "Grand Cruiser" name as comes with the Dynam offering.

Some distributors simply take a misleading shortcut and claim models they sell are their own...witness Banana hobby and the "Blitzworks" lables in the ads, which imply that everything they sell is their own work or brand, when it is not.

For those that want more info on the 310, here is the 1000 post thread on the Dynam Grand Cruiser started in Sept 2010. Lots of good info in there:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314947
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Jun 26, 2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Not splashed in this case, as the decals on the 310 in the HK video are the same blue and blask decals and the same "Grand Cruiser" name as comes with the Dynam offering.

Some distributors simply take a misleading shortcut and claim models they sell are their own...witness Banana hobby and the "Blitzworks" lables in the ads, which imply that everything they sell is their own work or brand, when it is not.

For those that want more info on the 310, here is the 1000 post thread on the Dynam Grand Cruiser started in Sept 2010. Lots of good info in there:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314947
That's what I thought. One thing I've learned, is that the Chinese manufacturers do not do proprietary sales agreements. When they do, it is only for a limited time, as a specific distributor assures them maximum profit. When I come across one of these models that is a must have, I've learned to relax and wait. I bought my Starmax HE162 from RC Castle when Hobby Lobby had the exclusive sales distributorship agreement for the states. Now the plane can be bought for pennies on the dollar from HK, and it is even stocked in the states, I believe.

Bill
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:30 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Apr 2006
273 Posts
A little too plastic fantastic for my taste but cool none the less. I do like the availability of inexpensive aircraft but for me I draw the line at foam. Molded plastic has too much of a mall toy kiosk feel.
dhc8guru is offline Find More Posts by dhc8guru
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:27 PM
SVX
Joined Oct 2002
637 Posts
I don't have the time to read through 1000 posts right now so I will just ask; Has anyone put retracts in this? The wing looks a little thin but the plane begs for retracts.

Dust
SVX is online now Find More Posts by SVX
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:50 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX View Post
I don't have the time to read through 1000 posts right now so I will just ask; Has anyone put retracts in this? The wing looks a little thin but the plane begs for retracts.

Dust

My understanding is that the model is designed for the elite type electric retracts and clones. Grayson Hobby sells this model and shows these retracts as an option. The model appears to be well prepared for a very simple bolt in installation.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:36 PM
GRAYSON HOBBY
Grayson, GA
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
What a joke.. This has been out for just about 1yr now, longer if you consider development time..

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...ss-p-1127.html
Lt.Smash is offline Find More Posts by Lt.Smash
Last edited by Lt.Smash; Jun 29, 2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:10 AM
Joined Jan 2011
24 Posts
The plane in this video is not the Dynam Grand Cruiser.
It lacks retracts and flaps provisions and looks overall smaller.
I'm assembling the Dynam right now, so i could identify it blindfolded
Nevertheless, this one looks like better in the small details (clevis pushrods, main gear mount, fake panels molded in)
Sgominator is offline Find More Posts by Sgominator
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:35 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgominator View Post
The plane in this video is not the Dynam Grand Cruiser.
It lacks retracts and flaps provisions and looks overall smaller.
I'm assembling the Dynam right now, so i could identify it blindfolded
Nevertheless, this one looks like better in the small details (clevis pushrods, main gear mount, fake panels molded in)
Good catch, I stopped watching when I saw the Grand Cruiser decals on the wing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2011, 09:03 AM
BAJAPIT
Joined Feb 2007
48 Posts
These 2 airplanes are NOT even the same size, almost ridiculous as saying it is the same as the Top-Flite 310.
BAJAPIT is offline Find More Posts by BAJAPIT