SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hub City, TN
Joined Jan 2008
548 Posts
New Product
FreeWing 70mm F-35 w/ Thrust Vectoring

Has anyone seen the new F-35 from Freewing?
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1490
The specs say it's much larger than their old one and it uses a 70mm fan. It looks like it has full flying stabs. The thrust vectoring nozzle appears to be the same one from the SU-34. The nose gear may be a possible problem. It looks to retract toward the rear of the plane. This might make it easy to collapse during landings. I think it looks pretty good.
bhatch21 is offline Find More Posts by bhatch21
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:59 AM
Eat Sleep Fly fly fly
Texas
Joined Jan 2006
82 Posts
Hello all
Now this one I would love to see more on...
Who"s going to be the 1st??????
kahn1701 is offline Find More Posts by kahn1701
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:13 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Aug 2008
140 Posts
single axis TV on a mono-engined jet sounds a bit lax to be honest. Trying to high alpha without the 2nd TV axis is gonna be a nightmare.
Styreta is offline Find More Posts by Styreta
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:45 PM
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Jan 2005
575 Posts
I'd like to see some more info as well. Is there a source for some better pics?
NilesOwen is offline Find More Posts by NilesOwen
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:51 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
I have alot of fun with the 64mm version. This could be interesting...........
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Aug 03, 2009, 05:44 PM
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Jan 2005
575 Posts
If made by FreeWing, could one expect the quality to be the same as their SU-34? I have been waiting on a nice 70mm F35 or F22 with retracts and VT would be a plus! I wish I could just get a little more info/better pics on this one...
Old Aug 04, 2009, 06:21 PM
UK
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts
Here's a video I've just found showing the vectoring system, looks like they have used the same one off the SU-34

F35 ベクターノズル解説 (1 min 57 sec)
Bobster-1 is offline Find More Posts by Bobster-1
Old Aug 04, 2009, 06:26 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Aug 2008
140 Posts
sweeeet!

its got rudder TV, the SU doesnt have that
Styreta is offline Find More Posts by Styreta
Old Aug 04, 2009, 07:24 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
Well....... it's now a must have.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Aug 05, 2009, 01:16 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,386 Posts
RC-Castle are also now selling the Freewing F-16 with the same system
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Aug 08, 2009, 12:51 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
RC-Castle are also now selling the Freewing F-16 with the same system
check again:

I'm in the process of cancelling the Freewing F35 order. The TV 360* is not available to market yet. The distributors who first posted this, even though the manual still shows it, overnight had to change thier adds and indicate that this is the 1st Gen TV, 180 pitch only that is currently being shipped.

Kind of takes away the point since this isn't a twin. And there is no indication as yet that they are making any provision for the TV 360* when it is available, if you already bought these kits.

I guess Freewing fumbled this launch. Still happy with what is coming from them but now we've got to wait
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2009, 07:55 PM
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Jan 2005
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle
check again:

I'm in the process of cancelling the Freewing F35 order. The TV 360* is not available to market yet. The distributors who first posted this, even though the manual still shows it, overnight had to change thier adds and indicate that this is the 1st Gen TV, 180 pitch only that is currently being shipped.

Kind of takes away the point since this isn't a twin. And there is no indication as yet that they are making any provision for the TV 360* when it is available, if you already bought these kits.

I guess Freewing fumbled this launch. Still happy with what is coming from them but now we've got to wait
Where did you come across this info? Too bad if true...
Old Aug 08, 2009, 11:47 PM
Joined Feb 2006
488 Posts
Quote:
check again:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Philip of PW-rc.com just confirmed by e-mail. He added that the "360" is still under development.

Del
delperena is online now Find More Posts by delperena
Old Aug 09, 2009, 07:20 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesOwen
Where did you come across this info? Too bad if true...
I was in the middle of ordering one when Philip first told me that the TV360* was only in development. I forwarded him the RC-Castle and Radicon1 sites and while doing so they were also changing their sites removing reference of the 360* system.

I canceled the order till its available. If they said they would have given a discount to the new units once they come out I would have purchased one but Philip (PW_RC), and likely the other distributors/vendors are still waiting on the W5 on this.

Till then.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Aug 09, 2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2009, 03:01 PM
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Jan 2005
575 Posts
Quote:
check again:

Thanks for the info, I see where they changed it as well. That's to bad as I was ready to pull the trigger on this one...