Jan 05, 2013, 02:54 PM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...air_20pc_.html

The high performance connector of choice

Voodoo looks to be using 4mm long style bullets though. I dont see the point of expensive hard to get connectors (ie kontroniks in NZ )
How's the 6mm diameter do for fitting in the fuse.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2013, 03:05 PM
Henke,
Check out the headline of this forum:

Aircraft Electric Airplanes High Performance

You claim to be the fastest?

Well, its hard to believe as your electric power hardly would exceed 100 watts.

I checked it, the official fastest in this category is this one:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=1#post2505024

Its slightly larger than the swist, and i am pretty sure its got less than triple carbon, and i guess David got to solve larger problems than dremeling a fuse to get it at that speed!
Sure it is not out of the shelf but its actually the fastest,no question.

It scored 275 mph average in both directions at the official FAI 400m track,with calibrated measurement equipment under the eyes of official FAI sport witnesses.

I think there is a small difference to a simple gps or doppler reading shown above your avatar.

Its up to you to challange the worldrecord,get your swist into regulation and join the WR- trials this year!

@all
I would not judge a F5d airframe about how a wing fits to a fuse , the possibility to carry a turbine, a single radargun speedpeak or the amount of carbon layers in the wing.

If you want to compare airframes you have to watch only that part of the job which seperates the airframe-performance.

So take several airframes,add the same weight and power and compare speed, corner-performance and laptime.

I only saw the swist flying once (with a turbine), it was crazy fast but cornerperformance seemed to be a little poor(maybe for safety reasons) compared to the common f5d competition planes.
I never saw a swist in competition(why?)if i had the choice i think at the moment there would be several other planes ahead at the list but sure not because of fuse -wing alignement!

Regards
Yello
Last edited by Mreyello; Jan 05, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
Jan 05, 2013, 04:04 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+
How's the 6mm diameter do for fitting in the fuse.
Do not know,i am only using 4mm,they have never let me down so far,those 6mm jobbies are big.
Jan 05, 2013, 06:54 PM
The Prop is Where its At!
Cool,cheers for that people
Will stick with the 4mm silver bullets..(won't have to change charger leads)
Jan 05, 2013, 08:28 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
No problem man...here is a vid....and just in case you could not see,first plug in was Pos 2 cell to Pos 4cell as i forgot to mention it in the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsueA...ature=youtu.be
Thanks.

Two questions.

Is your ESC sitting on top of the 2S pack?
Are those 30C packs?
Jan 06, 2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Thanks.

Two questions.

Is your ESC sitting on top of the 2S pack?
Are those 30C packs?
Yes,the ESC is wired so it almost stays up top on it's own,then the 2 cell goes under all the way up to the firewall almost (2700mah touches the firewall).....and another yes,those are 30C packs.
Jan 07, 2013, 02:19 AM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Yes,the ESC is wired so it almost stays up top on it's own,then the 2 cell goes under all the way up to the firewall almost (2700mah touches the firewall).....and another yes,those are 30C packs.
You say up against the firewall, I am guessing you mean up against the motor?

I am worried about cg.
Jan 07, 2013, 04:16 AM
200mph +
He has a outrunner, so there is a firewall between the motor and the battery
Jan 07, 2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
You say up against the firewall, I am guessing you mean up against the motor?

I am worried about cg.
I ran 6S with an inrunner small prop setup and bearbox big folder setup also,never had a cg issue.
Jan 07, 2013, 01:06 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
I ran 6S with an inrunner small prop setup and bearbox big folder setup also,never had a cg issue.
Cool, that's my main concern. Don''t want to get two batteries to run in series unless I know it's going to balance. Seeing there is no room to move that batts

I didn't know you were currently running an outrunner on the outside.
Jan 07, 2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Cool, that's my main concern. Don''t want to get two batteries to run in series unless I know it's going to balance. Seeing there is no room to move that batts

I didn't know you were currently running an outrunner on the outside.
If you use 1800mah 6s there is a lot of room to move them around cause the packs are small and it keeps the plane light (that is what I used in that July 4th video you liked).2200 still can move around a bit.2700mah my plane is a bit nose heavy but not bad,just makes it land a little hotter....at that point the plane is also getting heavy.....
Jan 07, 2013, 03:09 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
If you use 1800mah 6s there is a lot of room to move them around cause the packs are small and it keeps the plane light (that is what I used in that July 4th video you liked).2200 still can move around a bit.2700mah my plane is a bit nose heavy but not bad,just makes it land a little hotter....at that point the plane is also getting heavy.....
What was your timer set for with the 1800mah?
Jan 07, 2013, 03:10 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:

About how many amps are you pulling on these inrunner/6s setups?

I would think 30C is really pushing it.
Jan 07, 2013, 03:54 PM
Good 1800 cells are able to handle much more than 30C continuous:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=1#post2584469

The example shows average voltage of 3,42 V at 99 Amps, this is more than 2000Watt at 6S continuous without prewarming the cells.

With cell start temp of 45° even more would be possible.
A questionmark about the reliability!

Yello
Last edited by Mreyello; Jan 07, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Jan 07, 2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:

About how many amps are you pulling on these inrunner/6s setups?

I would think 30C is really pushing it.
My 1800's are 65C,they work great with the inrunner,but the outrunner sure likes the 2200's much better...C rating is bunk if you ask me.

Quick Reply