New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2015, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by orvie6
United States, OH, Toronto
Joined Oct 2009
176 Posts
Discussion
high end noise on Alloy EDF

I just bought two Lander 70mm 10 blade alloy fans with 3300Kv motors. While testing them they both ran fine up to about 1/2 throttle when they began a type of pulsing! I would not call it a definite vibration, more of a rev up, drop back, rev up, drop back thing...the revs lasted about 1/2 second each..about one 'plulse' a second.. Did this to full throttle! Both fans did the same thing...even used different ESCs... same thing. I did balance the fans, they were out a little ,but still doing this at above half throttle.. I am using 4s 4000mHa batteries..
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Wayne
orvie6 is online now Find More Posts by orvie6
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2015, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by BusdriverSA
Joined Jun 2012
244 Posts
Hi Wayne,

Are your batteries fully charged and/or old? As you add power the batteries' voltage will sag/drop and you may actually be hitting the LVC, and the 'pulsing' is deliberate to warn the pilot he is running out of electrons. Either that or the LVC setting on your ESC's might be too high?

Maybe try other batteries? Good luck...

Cheers
BusdriverSA is offline Find More Posts by BusdriverSA