Old Jul 01, 2015, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by ohaack
ohaack
Germany, SH, FL
Joined Nov 2013
15 Posts
Maidened!!

Successfull maidened yesterday!!

Yes, Im happy. . Take off from our grass-field, no problem- after 150 feet going airborne-without any trim corrections. First flight was with gear down, checked flaps and trims, all settings checked around half throttle, landing after 3 minutes with full flaps. Perfect touchdown at my first approach. Yes, speed little bit to high, but everything went fine. I used the recommended throws from Billy D. and started with c.g at 155mm and 3 mm down Elevator mixed at full flaps.

All in all it felt like flyinig this bird for years. Second Flight with gear up and High-speed passes "lowlevel", GREAT, AWESOME!! And the sound of the Jetfan...

Due to some reports about problems, coming off from Grass-fields, i leveled the wing-AOA to the ground at zero degrees, by lifting the nosegear-mounting.

Cant wait the next flights, what a jet . Pics will follow.

Olaf
ohaack is offline Find More Posts by ohaack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2015, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by Barger
Ottawa Ontario Canada
Joined Feb 2014
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaack View Post
Successfull maidened yesterday!!

Yes, Im happy. . Take off from our grass-field, no problem- after 150 feet going airborne-without any trim corrections. First flight was with gear down, checked flaps and trims, all settings checked around half throttle, landing after 3 minutes with full flaps. Perfect touchdown at my first approach. Yes, speed little bit to high, but everything went fine. I used the recommended throws from Billy D. and started with c.g at 155mm and 3 mm down Elevator mixed at full flaps.

All in all it felt like flyinig this bird for years. Second Flight with gear up and High-speed passes "lowlevel", GREAT, AWESOME!! And the sound of the Jetfan...

Due to some reports about problems, coming off from Grass-fields, i leveled the wing-AOA to the ground at zero degrees, by lifting the nosegear-mounting.

Cant wait the next flights, what a jet . Pics will follow.

Olaf
Congratulations Olaf!!!! I tried and tried off grass and was not successful. I have found some asphalt to fly from so maybe over the winter i will modify the gear as you did.......look foward to some pics!!!
Barger is offline Find More Posts by Barger
Old Jul 02, 2015, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by ohaack
ohaack
Germany, SH, FL
Joined Nov 2013
15 Posts
Hi Barger,

im using the JTM 90 Retracts and struts. i had to fill up the nosegear mounting slat with 2 layers 8mm Plywood (16mm) to level out the wing at neutral position
to the ground. Maybe you can use longer nosegear struts to solve that, depends on the retracts you use.....

I suppose without doing that on my viper, i would have the same problem with coming off from grass, even in close-cropped and good conditions.
ohaack is offline Find More Posts by ohaack