Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:44 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Nice flying. I hate you!

EDIT: Manta, I didn't see your post until I had done mine. Great minds think alike, eh?
HA! I saw that and was thinking the same thing..lolol.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:53 PM
Joined Sep 2009
56 Posts
I don't see any mention or info of this plane on the extreme flight web page. Where is it????
soundchaser is offline Find More Posts by soundchaser
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:59 PM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser View Post
I don't see any mention or info of this plane on the extreme flight web page. Where is it????
It is on the way!

We were very lucky here in Australia as the container arrived before the USA
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:58 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Should be here in a couple weeks!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:41 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,930 Posts
This morning I finally got a chance to fly my MXS in low wind conditions. I stopped off at a local park on the way to work and flew a single pack. As suspected, I hadn't got it fully trimmed out the other day in windy conditions. It required 2 clicks of left aileron to complete the task. How did it fly? AMAZING !!!!!!!!

Trust me guys, you're gonna love this plane and I'm confident that once you've flown it you'll be telling all your mates/pals/buddies that they have to get one !!!!!

It's about one hour since I flew it and I'm still buzzing. I can't wait to fly it again!

groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:45 PM
3D crazy
Australia, QLD, Warwick
Joined Aug 2010
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
This morning I finally got a chance to fly my MXS in low wind conditions. I stopped off at a local park on the way to work and flew a single pack. As suspected, I hadn't got it fully trimmed out the other day in windy conditions. It required 2 clicks of left aileron to complete the task. How did it fly? AMAZING !!!!!!!!

Trust me guys, you're gonna love this plane and I'm confident that once you've flown it you'll be telling all your mates/pals/buddies that they have to get one !!!!!

It's about one hour since I flew it and I'm still buzzing. I can't wait to fly it again!

Thanks for making me depressed ....lol... have a grate day at work.
dukeofearl is offline Find More Posts by dukeofearl
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:31 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,930 Posts
Oh? I was trying to inspire you .

It was windy at lunchtime but that didn't stop me. I flew 3 packs in the MXS; it's very good in the wind but I prefer the precise feel I had this morning in very low wind. This plane is a keeper for sure!

I also flew 2 packs in my 3DHS 41" Edge 99 Buck Huck (by the time you land one of those in Australia it's almost a 200 AUD Huck ).
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:18 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Can you compare it to the Extra Exp?
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:00 PM
3D crazy
Australia, QLD, Warwick
Joined Aug 2010
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Oh? I was trying to inspire you .

It was windy at lunchtime but that didn't stop me. I flew 3 packs in the MXS; it's very good in the wind but I prefer the precise feel I had this morning in very low wind. This plane is a keeper for sure!

I also flew 2 packs in my 3DHS 41" Edge 99 Buck Huck (by the time you land one of those in Australia it's almost a 200 AUD Huck ).
I am just about to place an order for a 42" Slick and I think it will be around that price to land it in AU. I wish Extreme Flight would bring out a 42" range.... I think they would make a killing as an alternative to a 3dhs slick. There 47" Edge and Extra look very similar to the EF airframe. 42" is a grate size for park flying and cheep to run on 3s. This will be my first 3dhs purchase but if EF had an alternative I would spend the money with them.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:01 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93 View Post
Can you compare it to the Extra Exp?
I've never flown an Extra EXP. You'd best ask Chris Hinson, or if you wait a few weeks I'm sure there'll be plenty of guys in the US that have flown both planes. I think that the MXS is going to be very popular plane .

Duke,

I love my 41" 3DHS Edge but it's a completely different experience to flying the larger 46" - 48" EF and 3DHS planes. I prefer the flight characteristics of the larger planes, but the 41" 3DHS Edge is a real blast to tear around the sky and mix it up with some 3D. That's why I just ordered a 42" AJ Slick .
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:37 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,930 Posts
It was windy again today but I decided to fly anyway. I flew 4 packs through the EF MXS and the EF Edge, swapping planes each time I changed batteries. Both of these planes are absolutely fantastic and I wouldn't be without either of them . Now I wonder if I should buy an EF Extra 300 EXP to complete the set. Keep 'em coming Chris. If you continue to release awesome high quality planes in this size range I'll keep buying 'em .
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:46 AM
3D crazy
Australia, QLD, Warwick
Joined Aug 2010
144 Posts
groovejet, can you elaborate on the difference between the edge and the mxs in relation their flying qualities ??
Old Sep 24, 2010, 04:55 PM
Joined Jan 2008
152 Posts
Nice vids! Keep them coming!
Jvdo is offline Find More Posts by Jvdo
Old Sep 24, 2010, 05:33 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvdo View Post
Nice vids! Keep them coming!
Thanks Jvdo. Maybe one day we'll manage to get a totally rocking video like your Extra 300 EXP teaser #1 .

It's been windy quite a bit where nac and I live but I know that some of you are wondering how the MXS compares to the Edge/Extra. I've never flown an Extra but I will be ordering one in the next few days. Here are some flight impressions from perhaps 20 flights on my Edge and 5 flights on MXS, with all but 1 of the MXS flights in the wind.

Both planes are just awesome and are my 2 favourites. I am currently more comfortable with the Edge. Is it extra flight time or a slightly more forgiving airframe? I'm not sure at this stage. Both planes knife edge like a dream. They also knife edge spin like champions. The Edge is the easiest balsa plane I own to do knife edge spins with. Not only does it lock in very easily, but it is so aggressive that I can really back off the throttle and the rotation is still very quick. The MXS is at least as aggressive in knife spins but requires more aileron correction to hold it on its side (like my 3DHS planes). This means the MXS can come out of knife edge spins into a slow inverted spin/harrier simply by centring the ailerons. The Edge has such little roll coupling when doing knife edge spins that I actually need to "fly" it out. Both planes are essentially coupling-free for regular knife edge BTW. I need to investigate knife edge spins more closely as nac said his MXS didn't need as much aileron correction as I feel my MXS needs. WE might have slightly different CoGs at the moment. All of this wind has made getting a precise location a bit tricky, but I feel that we're both very, very close.

The MXS reminds me of my 3DHS Velox is some ways, but the Edge is so aggressive that it can hold its own in tumbles. At the moment I'm finding it easier to get the Edge to tumble hard, whereas with the MXS I haven't got the stick inputs quite right yet. Both EF planes are similarly easy to do rolling harriers with. The MXS seems to require a bit less yaw correction when doing rolling harriers. I feel that the Edge is a tad easier to hover but both are very stable in a hover.

Both planes are just amazing. My MXS flight a few days ago in low wind was just too much fun but since then the wind has been blowing so I haven't been able to feel as connected with the airframe as I did at that time. A case of dumb thumbs yesterday whilst distracted had me break my MXS's CF landing gear but luckily I have a spare Edge kit NIB sitting here so I pinched its gear to fix the MXS so it's ready for some weekend action .
Old Sep 24, 2010, 06:08 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Thanks for the flight reports! I haven't flown the Edge yet but have hundreds of flights on the EXP. I was hoping the MXS was a bit wilder than the EXP...and you saying it is a little like the Velox gets me excited!! Can't wait for the container to hit the US!!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer