SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:25 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,727 Posts
Are you aware that means in-circuit additional sensors, and not a simple plug and play solution like temperature or rpm ?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:44 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,619 Posts
I'd like to see....

...the model setup file format documented, so that I can write a model setup editor. Download your setup from the Aurora to the PC via HPP-22, tweak it it offline, and send it back to the Tx. I'd rather not have to tweak every parameter (one at a time) in the transmitter, save it on the PC, and then see what changed in the file.
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Feb 18, 2010, 05:47 PM
NE Pa
Joined Aug 2005
82 Posts
I'd like to see the Transmitter hold the Peak Low Voltage of the flight
battery recorded during a flight. Even if you had to go down in menus
to get the reading, it would be useful.
stall warning is offline Find More Posts by stall warning
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:38 AM
Joined Apr 2009
114 Posts
One russian guy wrote something like review. Here are some things he would like to see on A9, and many agrred with him, so probably you will find something of it useful.

*Numbers displaying channel positon on servo monitor screen;

*Offset Mix/Trim mix (possibility to move any channel to preset position by switch)

Instead of making offset mix I think you can add virtual channels which any one could mix with existing channels, so there will no be need to "take away" one channel from radio if such mix is needed (there is no need t monitor virtual channel itself anywhere). An it would be nice if not only switch but slider or digital trim could be assigned to virtual channel.
But of course added virtual chanels and offset mixes would have been best option, because sail plane flyers are sometimes using a lot of mixing;

*More 3-pos. switches;

*Possibility to make trims to be separate or linked in all condititions separately;

* In his words when using digital trims as slider there is no any possibility to find out exact position of digital trims in numbers (only diagram). You can place numeric position icon on main screen (just like main trims);

*2A+4F mode for sail planes

Also he mentioned that it could be nice if you make cruise speed control when speed sensor will be avaliable . (but that's just extra something).

*I would like to see additional (external) voltage sensor;
*And packet loss reciever diode blinking, so when you land you know if something was wrong with signal during a flight.
Jevgeniy is offline Find More Posts by Jevgeniy
Last edited by Jevgeniy; Feb 24, 2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 01:25 AM
Joined Apr 2009
114 Posts
It will be nice if you will move AFHSS icon to the left from TX voltage, and will place RX voltage below TX voltage. Like this RX voltage will be seen better when using neck strap.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 04:41 PM
United States, NJ, Flanders
Joined Dec 2001
105 Posts
Disregard - found this in one of the tips and hints threads.

This might have already been submitted, but would like to see more points on the Flap to Elevator mix (the 9303 has 0 to 6 and 10G has 0 to 9). Might make more sense to make this a configurable mixer like JR offers so it can be used for different functions beside just flap to elevator. I think JR offers to of these multipl-point programmable mixers in the 9303.
crobinett is offline Find More Posts by crobinett
Last edited by crobinett; Feb 23, 2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Found the feature
Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Joined Apr 2009
114 Posts
Sotware variometer (audible also) when GPS sensors will be avaliable.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 03:02 PM
Joined Dec 2001
105 Posts
Would like to see a high aileron to rudder mix activated by the flap/throttle stick position. This would be for gliders coming in for landing to increase the rudder mix to a higher rate for increase rudder travel.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 03:30 AM
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts
Easier setting of Fail Safe positions

Hi,
a fail safe position menu would be great, as if not to dig out the receiver of the plane and push the tiny button. Thanks!
Gnumpf is offline Find More Posts by Gnumpf
Old Feb 27, 2010, 01:14 PM
Plano, TX
Joined Nov 2006
2,218 Posts
Change binding operation so it doesn't require 3 hands to bind the receiver.
fatcat220 is offline Find More Posts by fatcat220
Old Feb 27, 2010, 04:00 PM
USA, MA, Woburn
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
I just got my HPP-22 and was able to successfully upgrade the firmware on my A9 to the 1.06. The process was very easy, however the software interface leaves a lot to be desired. I can understand that this is an early release so I hope that a new version will be available soon. Here are a few examples:

- The English translation is a little confusing. It is almost like reading the English manual of a Chinese product. "Data load" = save the configuration to your PC, and "Data Save" = Upload to transmitter. There was more, but I can't think of an example at the moment.

- I couldn't find a menu anywhere to actually setup a model on my computer and upload it to the radio. Wasn't that one of the advertised features or did I misunderstand something? Maybe there is an additional piece of software that I need to download?

- I could find a way to backup the entire radio - you have to download each model individually, which could be tedious and time consuming if you have 30 models. Why not make a Backup and Recovery options? Would be very useful if you need to send your radio for service!

- I couldn't find any way to set a custom low battery voltage on the receiver (if using different power source other than 4/5 cell Ni-XX batery); this was also an advertised feature, wasn't it?

- Not sure if 64bit Operating systems are supported. The software didn't like my 64bit version of Windows XP Pro. Not a biggie, as long as Vista and Windows 7 are supported in 64bit versions.

On I side note, I was expecting to find an option to mute the sound of the transmitter (touch screen/keyboard beeps) as it was a very common request, but let's hope that this will be addressed in the next firmware update.
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Old Feb 28, 2010, 01:49 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,727 Posts
With open source, these were solved until Monday. For example, in this moment I am writing "for free" software for other system telemetry monitor. Sad, no ?...
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 02, 2010, 09:48 AM
Joined Dec 2001
105 Posts
Would like to have the option to either display the transmitter battery pack voltage or the percentage capacity remaining.
Old Mar 02, 2010, 02:16 PM
Joined Sep 2008
6 Posts
One more vote for the incorporation of a low voltage alarm for all types of battery RX plus the ability to see also the indication of% as is the TX battery.

Configurable alarms or even mp3 tones from the PC ... it would be possible? instead of ringing, we could configure a woman's voice stating the warning?

It would be interesting to the translation into other languages (Spanish for example).

To install new features or servos without reprogramming the whole model.
jhonnys68 is offline Find More Posts by jhonnys68
Old Mar 02, 2010, 08:33 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobinett View Post
Would like to have the option to either display the transmitter battery pack voltage or the percentage capacity remaining.
It's already there. Just tap the voltage display.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60