SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:12 AM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,541 Posts
I would like if it was updated to use smaller diameter EDF's. With todays brushless motors, it could easily fly very well and look much more scale.

Unfortunately, it does not seem like there is much room for design development in GWS budget lately. I would like to see GWS grow and be active again. I still like the brand.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:32 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,243 Posts
nacelle mod is all it takes...

...to make it into an even more awsomoe, and scale model

just reduce the lower part of the nacelles so that the new 50mm 11-blade fans (XRP even come with a lip) fit, and there would be enough thrust and scale size.

would definitely work, the slightly larger and heavier Supreme Hobbies A320 does very well, 3s 2200 would be enough, just over 40A WOT (both motors, 4200kV)

if you're not familiar with the A320
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2087192

that airbus even got retracts...

for belly landing, the alloy 50mm 10-blade Lander fan unit might be better (will take more abuse
in the landings on the nacelles I guess...)

cheers
Clemens
mopetista is offline Find More Posts by mopetista
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:44 PM
Joined Aug 2011
655 Posts
Guys mine went for it's second , third and fourth flights today and I must say this thing is seriously over powered pushing out over 600 watts.. :-) trying to fly at full power it like watching a rocket do straight up even with the elevator down.. but I must say it's one of the best handling jets I have flown next to my F-22 Raptor and A-10.
Turbobearcat is offline Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:48 AM
Joined Aug 2011
655 Posts
Well- power failure sent this bird into the ground and beyond repair...
ordered a new body for it and I know the cause of the power failure - both escs are being replaced since they were part of the problem and soldering all connections from here on out...I will buy another kit after the first of the year to work on a different setup.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 03:30 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,541 Posts
I ran into that too. Used 30A speeders and one of 'em fried. Went up to 40A on the current version, and they work OK.

Meantime, don't feel too bad. I hit a soft spot on landing. The nose wheel dug in which caused the nacelles to dig in and rip the wings off. I am seriously considering stepping down to the 50 mm fans as mopetista suggested in much smaller nacelles. Those big nacelles are nothing but trouble on a grass field.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old Feb 02, 2015, 01:08 PM
Joined Aug 2011
655 Posts
Now I rebuilt the old Jet- upgraded the ESCs and soldered all wires together - the cause for the power failure was a plug came unplugged from all the pulling on the battery cable.. the power cable to the ESC using the bec is the one that came loose.. not any more :-) Also ordered another ME-262 and it's setup with the newer 3mm shafted GWS 3900Kv motors. all improvements made on #2 was done on #3..
Old Feb 02, 2015, 01:33 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobearcat View Post
Now I rebuilt the old Jet- upgraded the ESCs and soldered all wires together - the cause for the power failure was a plug came unplugged from all the pulling on the battery cable.. the power cable to the ESC using the bec is the one that came loose.. not any more :-) Also ordered another ME-262 and it's setup with the newer 3mm shafted GWS 3900Kv motors. all improvements made on #2 was done on #3..
Where are you getting the 262 from?
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Old Feb 05, 2015, 07:13 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,723 Posts
Hi Trroadster,

Would you visit www.caliberhobby.com for buying the 262.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Feb 05, 2015, 05:18 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,630 Posts
How about here for $46.80:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRPD5&P=ML
Galand is online now Find More Posts by Galand
Old Feb 06, 2015, 08:40 AM
Joined Aug 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
Where are you getting the 262 from?
http://store.gwsus.com/product/gws-626/

I bought mine from here...

Enjoy!
Old Feb 06, 2015, 08:43 AM
Joined Aug 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galand View Post
That is the slope glider kit... no landing gear or power system..
Old Today, 01:21 PM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,924 Posts
GWS Me-262 - Worlds 1rst Deployed Fighter Jet WWII - Rebuild

I have had this jet hanging around for some years now. After hanging around a few years I decided it had to be flown. After a couple tries and crashes related to CG setups I made repairs and replaced a ducted fan motor. These were hand launched. The next try was from my bungee launcher. It went straight about 25 feet and torqued right when I hit the throttle and in the ground. Another couple cracks and another fan motor replaced. Hot glue, sanded and Spackle Lite filler took care of it.

The next Bungee flight flew beautiful for about 3 minutes. Then one motor made a strange buzz sound. I killed the throttle and restarted it again and it instantly lost one motor and spun in hard in the marsh grass. Too bad. Was flying nice too. So I recovered all the parts less the fiber glass nose I made for it. I had 3 breaks in the wing and 2 breaks in the fuselage. Another motor fan was broken. I gave up on the motors and fans. After a total restructured rebuild and all new Turnigy 3750Kv motors installed.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=51835

I setup up the plane with 2 new Dr Mad 40 amp DF Esc's.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=53731

The motors were tested on a thrust stand with a Whatt meter. Each motor put out over 400 plus watts of power on a 4.1 X4.1 TGR prop. These motors are rated for 11.1volts. They have been proven on 14.8 volts also. I tested the installation and ran the batteries down. No motor quits at all now. Lots of thrust at about 50 plus amps shred with 2 ESC's. Gobs of thrust using a 14.8v lipo.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=7931

The paint is airbrushed Walmart craft paint mixed up to close shades as were on the German planes. I use Spackle Lite for smoothing prep. Looks like sometime in spring test flight now.
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**