SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 12:06 AM
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Discussion
2 models to build

SAM champs are on at Easter ,and don't have a Duration model or a Texaco . Have laser cut kits for a 105% Playboy and a 40 Nelson ,will do . Also have a kit for a Lanzo Bomber and a 61 OS four stroke . Started Friday lunch time and am up to here Saturday at 4pm
Geoff Potter is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:52 AM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,331 Posts
Wow, that's fast.
It's taken me almost a year to get to that stage with my Red Ripper.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Today, 07:35 AM
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Well , bit of a slack attack tonight I'm afraid . Only got the tail feathers for the Bomber done and glued the wing for the Playboy together so it's ready for covering . Was hoping to get the pylon made and mounted for the Bomber as I have to go out with my lady on Sunday ,so no build time . Might be another long one tomorrow night to catch up . Was hoping to be able to build a Red Ripper for the Burford event but might have to settle for a Spacer, as would take a day to kit it as I've never built one before
Old Today, 09:06 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,817 Posts
Geoff, Is the Bomber kit Ben Buckle or is it Belair or an American short kit?
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:40 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,938 Posts
Wow, you are fast!!! You put me to shame.
Plastic or dope and silk?
A Nelson in an old timer....maybe tear the wings off.
Myself, I'd save the Nelson for a Quickie or Formula.
JohnAV8R is online now Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Today, 04:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Just got up to have breakfasts and then off to Darling Harbour for the day ,my lady is into Dragon Boat Racing (full size) . No BE ,neither of them ,they are both cut by my friend Dave Brown out here ,he does all our old timers for us ,just ribs and tips and ply ,the rest is up to you ,with a plan to what ever size you want of course . Will be covered in very thin laminating film and then Polyspan over the top ,doped and heat shrunk John . I'm nowhere near as fast as I was 12 months ago John ,I could build 10. of these in 18 days a few years ago . One doesn't get to2000 ft in 25 seconds if one doesn't go quick I'm afraid and that's what's needed to compete in duration out here , I also hope (ha ha )to get a 112 % Playboy done for my new Nelson 45 but is a back burner job at the moment .