SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2015, 03:17 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Oct 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
PA Katana MX vs XR-52

Hello Gents,

I'm in the market for my first electric 3D. I've been mostly a giant scale gas flyer and now I'd like to have a go at electric. I like the IPA idea that Precision Aerobatics offers. So I've been considering either a Katana MX or an XR-52. Can anyone give me some advice on the differences between the two? Thanks!

-David
dshriver is offline Find More Posts by dshriver
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2015, 03:44 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,068 Posts
PA would be most qualified to answer that question.

Asking that question here will get answers like this or that.
Example.

3DH, Extreme Flight, and AJ aircraft will generally have everything you need to complete an electric aircraft and can be shipped in one box. with the added bonus electronics will be interchangeable to comparable sized frames between any of those companies including PA. However you wont get the same from an IPA.

(Slowly waiving hand from one side to the other ) These aren't the answers you're looking for.
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Feb 08, 2015, 04:22 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Nov 2012
405 Posts
I own both and find the XR-52 is a great plane to throw around the sky, floats nicely as well. The MX seems to like more precision style flying e.g smoother moves and it feels bigger in the air (prob cause it is). I'm not a 3d expert so someone may find them different but for me the XR-52 is my favourite. Size wise there isn't a lot of difference in them.

XR52 uses 4S, MX uses 6s (2 x 3S) so I can take more batteries with teh XR-52. People do use 6S on the MX. They are both really nice planes and you can't go wrong with either of them.
Taman is online now Find More Posts by Taman
Old Feb 11, 2015, 03:22 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshriver View Post
Hello Gents,

I'm in the market for my first electric 3D. I've been mostly a giant scale gas flyer and now I'd like to have a go at electric. I like the IPA idea that Precision Aerobatics offers. So I've been considering either a Katana MX or an XR-52. Can anyone give me some advice on the differences between the two? Thanks!

-David
Hi David, both planes are really AWESOME!! the iPAs is truely awesome, you will have perfect cg, awesome power, flight times
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor