HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2004, 06:26 PM
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,709 Posts
P38 foam kit performance

Mike and I did some more flight testing of our P38 profile foamie this evening. I was able to loop and roll, and I almost got a stable inverted flight, but the wind was on the rough side (It HAS to be the weather, it couldn't be lack of piloting skill, right? :-)
The loop did require a dive. Rolls required full down elevator on the upsidedown half. We expect this to be less necessary as we work on CG tests. We started with the balance point fairly far forward, and we only made one shift of the CG. Test flights are tough in the 11 degree Ohio weather. We also noticed a reduction in flight times due to the cold weather. Less than half the flight time we had last week when it was in the 50's. We got more than 10 minutes in seperate flights then.

We have had some requests for kits and we have the foam and CF ready to go. We are not trying to replace our day jobs, but we do want to share the excitement we have over the Fork Tailed Devil.
Vince Herman is offline Find More Posts by Vince Herman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:49 PM
Joined Feb 2015
1 Posts
p 38 kits

Do you have any kits ready for sale?
planebreaker2000 is online now Find More Posts by planebreaker2000