SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 26, 2015, 09:42 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined Mar 2013
625 Posts
I fly all stock off a grass strip. The strip is a little bumpy with short grass. Sometimes it takes a bit of power to get it rolling but other than that I have no problem taking off or landing on grass. I typically take off with half or no flaps but land with half or full flaps depending on the wind (typically no flaps with wind 7-10 mph).
tmulligan is online now Find More Posts by tmulligan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:13 PM
What goes up!
United States, MO, Maryland Heights
Joined Jan 2011
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulligan View Post
I fly all stock off a grass strip. The strip is a little bumpy with short grass. Sometimes it takes a bit of power to get it rolling but other than that I have no problem taking off or landing on grass. I typically take off with half or no flaps but land with half or full flaps depending on the wind (typically no flaps with wind 7-10 mph).
Thanks. I belong to a club that keeps the grass cut very short but it's sometimes bumpy because the farmer who owns the land doesn't allow herbicides. I will certainly try it out anyway.
dwillman5 is online now Find More Posts by dwillman5
Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
You can always handlaunch. It's not easy to grab it cause there's nothing to grab onto beneath the wings/CG, but if you grab it just after the wings and throw it up, it works just fine! Just give it the full beans!
Corvalis is offline Find More Posts by Corvalis
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
What goes up!
United States, MO, Maryland Heights
Joined Jan 2011
115 Posts
Ok, I have it assembled. Just a couple questions:

Has anyone tried a 3c 2200mah battery in this thing? I put one in and the balance was still in range.

Has anyone tried using the tie down hook on the tail to hang the plane from a wall hook? I need to get it up off my workbench and I like the look.
dwillman5 is online now Find More Posts by dwillman5
Last edited by dwillman5; Yesterday at 11:36 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined Mar 2013
625 Posts
I have flown it with a 2,200 mAh battery. It flew fine.

I have never used the tail hook, but I suspect it will be ok.
tmulligan is online now Find More Posts by tmulligan
Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Atsugi
Joined Feb 2013
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillman5 View Post
Ok, I have it assembled. Just a couple questions:

Has anyone tried a 3c 2200mah battery in this thing? I put one in and the balance was still in range.

Has anyone tried using the tie down hook o the tail to hang the plane from a wall hook? I need to get it up off my workbench and I like the look.
I too fly mine with 2200. No issues
jetmann is offline Find More Posts by jetmann
Old Today, 02:23 AM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
3,123 Posts
I hang a few of my foam models on the wall, I simply slip a loop of string around the tail wheel and hook 'em up.
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Today, 03:27 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,847 Posts
Quote:
Yes, that's what I use. I cut the channel for it maybe half an inch longer, so it can sit a little further back. I have different undercarriage though, so you might not need to do that.

I used one of those thin craft knives that you snap bits off when they go blunt. The trick is to cross cut at different angles, then pull out the bits with tweezers or forceps.

I also glued in a velcro strap that I can fold over the end of the battery to stop it moving - just belt and braces though. It's a fairly firm fit without it.

Quote:
Has anyone tried using the tie down hook on the tail to hang the plane from a wall hook? I need to get it up off my workbench and I like the look.
I use part of a cheap dog lead, with a snap together plastic join, around the propeller near the centre, over a longish metal hook that sticks out about 4" from the wall. I bought half a dozen assorted ones that came cable tied to a card. They were very cheap.

I'd be worried about the glue holding on the plastic hook. It would probably be okay but there would be contant strain on it over a long period of time.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Today, 09:09 AM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
I fly with zippys 2200 20C from hobbyking. Plane needs weight in the back. My first corvalis did too. I'll do a video review soon talking about it
Corvalis is offline Find More Posts by Corvalis