HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Does futaba have a receiver with the right style plugs?

I'll be using this with my A9 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=27174
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUDS7&P=7

I would be getting this: http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-tf...-receiver.html
And getting an adapter for the throttle port from standard connection to micro connection from RCConnectors.com
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:58 PM
Knobbs
Friday Harbor, WA -San Juan Island
Joined Aug 2008
475 Posts
I just saw this poking around on HH (looking at ASK-21). Watched the video, looks pretty cool to me, AS3X or no. My concern is slower speed/high alpha stuff. The whole video they are just ripping this thing around. What do you guys think? It has a little more than double the wing area of Sbach, but over three times the weight. Would it float around a little, with good slow speed stability, or need to be going fast all the time to perform well. Maybe the only way to know this is to fly it. I am definately interested, but will wait till there are some reviews/videos from owners other than QQ to make the final call. I will say one more thing, I was pleasantly surprised to see it was the same price as the little cub, only a little more than it's considerably smaller brothers.

Rishelman
Rishelman is offline Find More Posts by Rishelman
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:26 AM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishelman View Post
I just saw this poking around on HH (looking at ASK-21). Watched the video, looks pretty cool to me, AS3X or no. My concern is slower speed/high alpha stuff. The whole video they are just ripping this thing around. What do you guys think? It has a little more than double the wing area of Sbach, but over three times the weight. Would it float around a little, with good slow speed stability, or need to be going fast all the time to perform well. Maybe the only way to know this is to fly it. I am definately interested, but will wait till there are some reviews/videos from owners other than QQ to make the final call. I will say one more thing, I was pleasantly surprised to see it was the same price as the little cub, only a little more than it's considerably smaller brothers.

Rishelman

I was wondering the same thing too about high alpha. Haha I was also looking at the ask-21 too! I want to get it!
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:49 AM
Knobbs
Friday Harbor, WA -San Juan Island
Joined Aug 2008
475 Posts
Wow, this thread died. Just re-watched video, there are a couple spots where he upright harriers around, and does a couple rollers. Looks like it will do it, but then again, it's QQ.
Like I said, just gonna have to see when people get them I suppose.

Rishelman
Rishelman is offline Find More Posts by Rishelman
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:50 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,278 Posts
There is another thread in the micro section that is more active. I'm very interested in this plane though and will surely get one.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:29 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishelman View Post
Wow, this thread died. Just re-watched video, there are a couple spots where he upright harriers around, and does a couple rollers. Looks like it will do it, but then again, it's QQ.
Like I said, just gonna have to see when people get them I suppose.

Rishelman

Just like you said its QQ. I swear he could probably 3D a cessna.
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:31 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,278 Posts
Actually the pilot flying in the video was Colton Clark.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
620 Posts
Since it doesn't use those horrid umx bricks I might be interested in this one.
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:08 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Got one ordered,always had a fondness for the edge 540 and this one looks like it rips around pretty good. Flew a slightly larger plane like this before,not as floaty as a 32'' epp plane ofcourse but with the airfoiled wing it did handle wind well and was capable of much higher energy stuff than similarly powered flat foamies of the same size so im guessing it will fill a gap for many. Already have some 3s 460 packs and some 3s 370s as well as some 2s power set ups that could pull it around.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
USA, NY, Brookhaven
Joined Mar 2003
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Got one ordered,always had a fondness for the edge 540 and this one looks like it rips around pretty good. Flew a slightly larger plane like this before,not as floaty as a 32'' epp plane ofcourse but with the airfoiled wing it did handle wind well and was capable of much higher energy stuff than similarly powered flat foamies of the same size so im guessing it will fill a gap for many. Already have some 3s 460 packs and some 3s 370s as well as some 2s power set ups that could pull it around.
let us know how it fly's.
rickc
RickC2009 is offline Find More Posts by RickC2009
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:27 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Will do,probably get some video to.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:39 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I will maiden mine tomorrow morning. It's got some power at 112 watts and 10 amps, all up weight for me is 8.1 ounces.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Everybody lets move the discussion over to this thread with accurate info and more people:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...758296&page=53
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:07 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
Im sticking around here where this thread was started and will post here when this one is in at the local shop. Id rather not speculate.. I'll wait until ive flown it to talk about its flying ability's but i dont expect it to fly as light as a 32'' epp plane.. its airfoiled and heavier and you can see where tht shines in the video posted from e-flite.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Don't think you'll get much of a response but whatever
Wish the thread starter would fix his mistakes though!