HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:25 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Help!
F35 from Banana Hobbies

I bought a F35 from Banana Hobbies and the thing will not fly. It will taxi, but when you give it full throttle all it does is go along the strip and not lift off. I have some friends telling me it needs a bigger motor, some are saying get a bigger battery. I am new to this and need some advice. Emailed BH and they have not responded to give me help. I am running a DX6I transmitter and reciever, 1300 lipo battery. Can anyone steer me in the right direction..
Thenewkid1 is offline Find More Posts by Thenewkid1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:28 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,171 Posts
All your questions will be answered here..... http://www.rcgroups.com/foamy-edfs-377/

BH will not help you.
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:28 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
And when you get down there you kinda have to specify exactly which F35 that you have and what you actually have in it.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Thanks guys, yes BH is kinda a lost cause unfortunately
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:53 AM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
the nose wheel is flexing OR set up so the wing has a negative incidence. wing should have a slight positve angle. So as it goes screaming down the runway it "sticks" to it and the elevators can provide enough down push to rotate the plane to fly.

if you think it has enough power, hand launch it. if it doen't have enough power , it wil sort of glide to the ground.

the f35 is a great plane and will fly even ok on modest power.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:37 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
I tried to hand launch it and hence the broken tail and broken canopy. It will not fly no matter which way I try to launch it. I am a little more than frustrated at the moment. lol. When I hand launched it, she went to the ground like a rock. I love the plane but very discouraged as I have had it for four months and it has never been in the sky to enjoy. Now I cannot even get the tail pieces from BH .
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,574 Posts
Is your elevator reversed? I made that mistake twice... Thought i learnt the first time, If the jet appears to have enough thrust that's a good sign too.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:57 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
You know newkid, basic thing that's happening here is you are complaining about a product that most others probably have had much success with, you're telling us while still not haven given any information as to setup or which model.

And you were suggested to go to the proper forum since this is not the section for foam model.

Even if you broke the tail there's a good chance its repairable. So match up your model with the proper thread down in the jet foam section and close this thread.

We can probably explain exactly what you did.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:53 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
CG issue maybe?
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:09 AM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
motor reversed? it is blowing really hard out the back? if you hold the plane vertical, it should almost stay in the air if you loosen your grip.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
No motor is blowing, it will not stay in the air though. taking it to a guy this afternoon to have a peak at it to try and figure out if I set it up properly. Now I am wondering if I set the elevator reverse. It is a three channel micro F35 from BH. Maxthrottle glad to see another happy person trying to help out. LOL. Thanks again guys..
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewkid1 View Post
... Maxthrottle glad to see another happy person trying to help out. LOL. Thanks again guys..
Don't get me wrong. I'd be happy to help but I don't want to perpetuate the conversation in the wrong forum.
To me its neither here nor there but I've come across several conversations/complaints if its about a specific foam model. One early on pointed you down to that forum. That's the reason why they started a Foam model forum I guess. This area is for EDF units themselves and composites. Not foam, scratch builds, pusher jets, micros or beginners corner etc. I've suggested forum cross linking but several argued against in spite of potential duplication. Still someone will always be happy to help.

The information you've given.....BH has several mini and micro F-35s. You need to post make and model or add a link. If I had that I could point you to the thread already open on your model.

Without the details no one has an idea if you have too large a battery, if you are hand launching it incorrectly, not enough stab or stab/elevator travel, if the model has known duct issues with recommended fixes or even if you power train is setup correctly or is inadequate to get the necessary thrust out the tail. And not knowing if it was getting up or down pitch on the stabilators kind a tells that you could use a little briefing; not in the top end forum.

If its the 3C BlitzRCWorks mini-f-35-lightning-ii-v2-w-gyro you need this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...mm+f+35&page=5

or this
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=50mm+f+35

or this
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...mm+f+35&page=5

even this
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=50mm+f+35

These are all about your model or the launch concern.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Oct 11, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Don't get me wrong. I'd be happy to help but I don't want to perpetuate the conversation in the wrong forum.
To me its neither here nor there but I've come across several conversations/complaints if its about a specific foam model. One early on pointed you down to that forum. That's the reason why they started a Foam model forum I guess. This area is for EDF units themselves and composites. Not foam, scratch builds, pusher jets, micros or beginners corner etc. .
+1 I agree. It is my understanding that the foamy section was created for that reason, from what I have read here.

You can't get the right information if you look in the wrong place!!!

There is the Search this forum option,too.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Good call Max. This could get moved by a moderator into the foamy section.
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach