SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:35 AM
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Jan 2003
472 Posts
Discussion
Super cheap servos with 3GX?

Anyone using really cheap servos with 3GX? I have an old 450SA that I'd like to use to give a 3GX another shot. Would like to try some of the ~$5 servos that are out there as well as anything more doesn't really fit my intent with this helicopter. Does anyone have experiece with something like the "New Power" digital 9g servo or similar?
Terkan is online now Find More Posts by Terkan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:49 AM
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Jan 2003
472 Posts
For anyone else that may be wondering, these have been working great on cyclics and rudder for a week with the 3GX. Have performed well and haven't been hot after any of the 6 minute flights I've put on them. At $4 ea they seem to be a great deal:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22529
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkan View Post
For anyone else that may be wondering, these have been working great on cyclics and rudder for a week with the 3GX. Have performed well and haven't been hot after any of the 6 minute flights I've put on them. At $4 ea they seem to be a great deal:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22529
+1

I have been using the same ones with my "ElCheapo" 450 Leader hobby sport that I converted to FBL using a cheap JMT head and copterx gyro. I have +- 30 flights and no problems.

now I wish I had gone this route when I started this hobby, started with Align servos and they got damaged with the 1st crash. it costs more than double the price of these hk servos to repair the align... I rather just replace the entire servo for $4.00.

In my opinion this is the way to go if you are a bigginer. buy cheap because you going to break it.

Me practicing wit h it.

Practicing with cheap 450 sport FBL (7 min 4 sec)
electrojolt is offline Find More Posts by electrojolt
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:19 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,692 Posts
How do you like the Leader 450 heli ?? I know its cheap but want a trainer and have T9X roig. No 3 D for me , maybe later with better bird. As you stated something is going to break.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
I 1st got the ALZRC 450 pro V2 fbl, it is very nice but I still to make some diy mods to get it perfect.. Then I got the LH $30 sport FB and I think the hk gyro I used was no good, the tail wag was so bad that I crashed it and destroyed thr FB head. so I converted it to FBL. And now I actualy like flying it better than the alzrc.
electrojolt is offline Find More Posts by electrojolt
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:56 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
241 Posts
I use corona DS939MG with 3GX so far good but i do not try hard 3D yet.
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:15 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
you guys still using these servos? im looking for some cheap digital for a trex sport v2 with dfc head and align 3gx
how you guys like the 3gx i have heard lot bad things about it
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:17 PM
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Jan 2003
472 Posts
I sold that ship but the servos worked perfectly for me with the 3gx. I'm not a fan of the 3gx but it worked great on my 450.
I prefer the beast, like not needing a pc.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkan View Post
I sold that ship but the servos worked perfectly for me with the 3gx. I'm not a fan of the 3gx but it worked great on my 450.
I prefer the beast, like not needing a pc.
I have a ZYX and love it.
Only fbl system i have flown but love it over fb heli
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrojolt View Post
+1

I have been using the same ones with my "ElCheapo" 450 Leader hobby sport that I converted to FBL using a cheap JMT head and copterx gyro. I have +- 30 flights and no problems.

now I wish I had gone this route when I started this hobby, started with Align servos and they got damaged with the 1st crash. it costs more than double the price of these hk servos to repair the align... I rather just replace the entire servo for $4.00.

In my opinion this is the way to go if you are a bigginer. buy cheap because you going to break it.

Me practicing wit h it.

http://youtu.be/3hsa_PgFjQY
Cut some trees and be huge spot to fly i only watched a lil since couldnt see it but you said piros are bad u sure ur pirocomp set right