SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:44 PM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
Question
BCX-2 adjusting servos.

Hello, I am new to the hobby and bought a crappy CX-2 which I rebuilt. Including replacing the main frame and did a small upgrade by placing a heat sink between the engines.
I did not mark where the servos were positioned in relation to the plastic little arms, so I am kinda doing some trial error to get this thing to hover correctly with just the needed trim adjustments.
Any tips?
I have tried different holes in the arms but it would rather go left or right, forward or backwards, never straight up.

I have look without luck for pictures of the servos in the stock position to see if I can do it the closest possible. Servos move fine and the rest seams to be OK.
It looks balanced when I hold it in the top bar thing... Tracking angle looks the best possible... and the mixing pot was moved to trim the direction of the nose. (sorry my lingo is way off.)

Thanks.
sergitin36 is offline Find More Posts by sergitin36
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:02 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,509 Posts
Position the aileron and elevator trim levers on the tx to center slot. Now power up the helicopter, which will set the servo motors to the center position. Then look at the servo horn arms, they should be sitting as close as possible to being level. If they are not, disconnect the pushrod ball links from the swashplate, and remove the servo arms from the servo horns, then level the arms. Now with the arms sitting level reconnect the pushrod ball links to the swashplate. Then check the swashplate for being level in all directions. The swashplate must set level for the helicopter to hover correctly without drifting. You will need to adjust the ball links that connect to the swashplate by lengthening or shortening them, until the swashplate sits level. Now hover the helicopter to see if it hovers without much drift in any direction. You may need to do a little more adjusting on the pushrod length if the helicopter wants to drift.

edit: Indoors I have the pushrods located in the second hole out from the servo horn on the servo arms. If I fly them outdoors I move the location to the third hole out from the horn.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Last edited by flyeraroo; Sep 26, 2011 at 09:13 AM.