SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:10 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
No worries! Glad to help

Q1: Speed brakes aren't necessary by any means. It's used to slow down the plane. Basically what it does is move both rudders out or in.

Q2: Yes; I turn it off after I regain control of the plane.

Q3: When the plane is sideways, and I give it rudder to maintain altitude, it doesn't fly as straight as it should. It gives roll input when I just want up and down movement from using the rudders (while sideways). That is coupling.

Q4: When I give left ruder, the leftmost rudder is the outboard rudder and the rightmost rudder is the inboard rudder. When I give right rudder, the rightmost rudder is the outboard rudder and the leftmost rudder is the inboard rudder.

Hope that helps
Ah okay cool thanks! Setting up the plane in my DX7s, I came up with another question. For the stryker, the wing type is elevon and tail type is dual rudder correct?
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Ah okay cool thanks! Setting up the plane in my DX7s, I came up with another question. For the stryker, the wing type is elevon and tail type is dual rudder correct?
Yup! But only select dual rudder if you plan on disconnecting the y-harness in the plane and using speed brakes. Otherwise, just select, "Normal" for tail type.
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:26 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
Yup! But only select dual rudder if you plan on disconnecting the y-harness in the plane and using speed brakes. Otherwise, just select, "Normal" for tail type.
Ah okay cool thanks! Oh and are mix #12 and #13 necessary for flight?
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:33 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Ah okay cool thanks! Oh and are mix #12 and #13 necessary for flight?
None of the mixes are actually necessary for flight. If you were to do any mix I would recommend, 1, 2, and 5. You can add the others once you are very familiar with the flight caracteristics of the UM stryker.
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:42 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
None of the mixes are actually necessary for flight. If you were to do any mix I would recommend, 1, 2, and 5. You can add the others once you are very familiar with the flight caracteristics of the UM stryker.
Ah okay. Yeah I put in mixes 1 and 2, but am not sure what -A- means in mix 5?
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Ah okay. Yeah I put in mixes 1 and 2, but am not sure what -A- means in mix 5?
So what I did there is say, when Switch A is activated, a little bit of elevator will be added. For the Dx7s, that translates to:

GER>ELE
Rate: 0% 15%
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh
Switch: Gear 1

So now when you activate the gear switch, up elevator will be added.
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
If I could recommend 3 more mixes, it would be 3, 4, and 6. Speed brakes just add to the coolness factor and mix 6 just makes the plane fly a little more level when throttle is applied.
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:00 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
So what I did there is say, when Switch A is activated, a little bit of elevator will be added. For the Dx7s, that translates to:

GER>ELE
Rate: 0% 15%
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh
Switch: Gear 1

So now when you activate the gear switch, up elevator will be added.
Ah okay sweet thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
If I could recommend 3 more mixes, it would be 3, 4, and 6. Speed brakes just add to the coolness factor and mix 6 just makes the plane fly a little more level when throttle is applied.
Okay cool I'll try out 3 and 4. About mix 6; I'm unsure how to do that in the DX7s. Would you have any idea on how to do that in the DX7s?
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:19 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Okay cool I'll try out 3 and 4. About mix 6; I'm unsure how to do that in the DX7s. Would you have any idea on how to do that in the DX7s?
Yeah! Here you go:

THR>RAL
Rate: 0% -6%
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh
Switch: On
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:28 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
Yeah! Here you go:

THR>RAL
Rate: 0% -6%
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh
Switch: On
Cool thanks! Really appreciate all of the settings you gave me. Should make the stryker enjoyable.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:56 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Cool thanks! Really appreciate all of the settings you gave me. Should make the stryker enjoyable.
Definitely! Flies like a dream. Oh and by the way, I set my travel settings to 70% for FLP and RRU in the servo setup menu.
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:01 AM
Registered User
brushless55's Avatar
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,529 Posts
looks like I have a little learning to do for my DX6i when I get my Stryker next week...
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:18 AM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
Electric, i would save and note all of big east's mixes, but fly the plane first. Get normal with the plane, learn how to do boomerangs.
Add big easts modifications when you want another dimension. You will not get bored, speed brakes are more a cool thing than practical, the stryker q is one of the most uniquely aerobatic planes you find ever.
-harriers
-elevators
-tic tocs
-inverted elevator
-falling leaf
-inverted boomerang
-upright boomerange
-cobra manuever
and more providing your imagination is up to the task. Fly the plane and know the plane first, if youre not completely sure of a lot of things the mixes may inadverdently affect flight, will drastically increase the steep learning curve of how to max your fun with this plane.
The only reason i havent done Big Easts's mixing is that i have a lowly dx6i, but ive mastered this plane.
Just enjoy the plane for now.

Also beware of how to launch it, this is not correctly written in the manuals, the manual states to throw without throttle, and by the time you get your hand back on the elevator give throttle and up elevator.
This only works for some pilots, for other it ends up with replacement fuselages.
People like Real Gambler and myself have the method of holding it by the LE, where the LE extension meets the main wing, point the nose 30-60 degrees up, full throttle and just let go or toss forward.
The other method is similar to the method in the manual, but with throttle.
And no one(to my knowledge) has had the prop eat their hand.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:09 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Totally agree with Airpower. Fly the Stryker first! I still fly it without any mixes today! Well, I did set up the airbrakes, used them for about 3 batteries, as a novelty item, and now, I don't even remember which switch I used! You can stop it on a dime with a Cobra, which is faster than airbrakes and I do all my landings with elevators, so no need to bleed some speed.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:26 AM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Totally agree with Airpower. Fly the Stryker first! I still fly it without any mixes today! Well, I did set up the airbrakes, used them for about 3 batteries, as a novelty item, and now, I don't even remember which switch I used! You can stop it on a dime with a Cobra, which is faster than airbrakes and I do all my landings with elevators, so no need to bleed some speed.
Yeah I agree with all of you. Get very familiar with the plane, have fun with it, and when you feel like it try out another mix or two! I did this setup to show the capability of the dx18 and to help some people have more fun with their stryker!
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 02:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 05:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 11:02 AM