HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:11 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitesma View Post

I ordered 5 more sets of blades this morning, but they're on the slow boat from myrcmart. ?
Man I hate those chairs! Just to let ya know I've ordered from them 4 times and never had to wait more than 10 days. Two orders made it in 7. Must have been a speed boat!!
tamron is offline Find More Posts by tamron
Last edited by tamron; Mar 06, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:12 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Invest is these and spare the grief....have mine order......

Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:20 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
Gotta say, those are cool. Anyone been using these? If so, are they doing you right?
tamron is offline Find More Posts by tamron
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
After a few days of flying. I have to say this is a great heli. Fast and tight turns are possible.

Edit. Just ordered two more from myrcmart. $29 each and $8 shipping for two. Good for training flights.
Aviator168 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator168
Last edited by Aviator168; Mar 06, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,460 Posts
@Jake8131

What grief are you talking about?

Also, in case you didn't know. Those extreme blade grips for the mCX are plastic. Not aluminum.

The swashplate though, is cnc aluminum. I wonder if you can remove the ball and purchase and put on longer balls. I think microheli and rakonheli have mCPX ones that may fit to extend the swash balls.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:10 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator168 View Post
After a few days of flying. I have to say this is a great heli. Fast and tight turns are possible.
I have to admit that I'm starting to enjoy the 9958 the more I fly it. It just took a bit to get use to the way it flys and how it reacts to stick inputs vs. the V911 which I was use to.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
389 Posts
Blades

Quote:
Looks like I didn't knock on wood enough. Had a nice flight over lunch. But just now waiting for my girls to get home I thought I'd get another quick flight in. Went well at first...then I hit a kitchen chair.

Yep, broke my second set of blades. But still not at the infamous ball - broke another pivot pin.

I ordered 5 more sets of blades this morning, but they're on the slow boat from myrcmart. I saw one person who replaced a broken pivot with a small screw...might give it a try. But I'm also thinking just take the good blade from each set and put them together into one good set - any tips on how to balance them if I go that route?
FYI I bought replacement blades and original batteries from bananahobby.com here in the us. Wouldn't you know, I have yet to break one, but it appears they will be carrying the other parts for the 9958 too! http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...4---parts.html

Keep em flyin!
jcmors is online now Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, IA, Glenwood
Joined Jan 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Looks like I didn't knock on wood enough. Had a nice flight over lunch. But just now waiting for my girls to get home I thought I'd get another quick flight in. Went well at first...then I hit a kitchen chair.

Yep, broke my second set of blades. But still not at the infamous ball - broke another pivot pin.

I ordered 5 more sets of blades this morning, but they're on the slow boat from myrcmart. I saw one person who replaced a broken pivot with a small screw...might give it a try. But I'm also thinking just take the good blade from each set and put them together into one good set - any tips on how to balance them if I go that route?
I never replaced blades in pairs, just the broken one. also I took a regular straight pin, heated it cherry red with a lighter, stuck it about 1/4" into the blade where the pin was,then clipped of the extra after it cooled, and they worked pretty good. I never broke a ball off of a blade, it was laways the pin, after going through my 5 pairs of spares, and using my straight pin fixed ones for awhile, I finally did the Mcx lower head and blade swap, and haven't broken a blade since.
Danlb25 is offline Find More Posts by Danlb25
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:23 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@Jake8131

What grief are you talking about?

Also, in case you didn't know. Those extreme blade grips for the mCX are plastic. Not aluminum.

The swashplate though, is cnc aluminum. I wonder if you can remove the ball and purchase and put on longer balls. I think microheli and rakonheli have mCPX ones that may fit to extend the swash balls.
I know they are plastic, but there is no guide pin on the blades to break and the blades pivot on implact like the s107.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:15 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I have to admit that I'm starting to enjoy the 9958 the more I fly it. It just took a bit to get use to the way it flys and how it reacts to stick inputs vs. the V911 which I was use to.
EXACTLY the same here! I've only had it for a few days, but the more I fly it, the more I like it! Wish I would have started 4-channels with this or 535.

My v911's are so obnoxious that ALL other four channels seem "pilot friendly" to me.
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:18 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,460 Posts
Guys, you haven't even seen what the 9958 can do. It definitely will grow with you.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:37 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Guys, you haven't even seen what the 9958 can do. It definitely will grow with you.
I really need to get it outside or in a huge gym to see what its real potential is. I have a feeling that flying it in tight quarters is harder than in a huge area, and it's performance will probably shine when it can stretch its legs.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:40 PM
United States, AR, Springdale
Joined Dec 2008
237 Posts
I have been out on windy days and had mine vertical.. Still havent fully flipped it, but I will try next time I get the chance.
Dealwagon is offline Find More Posts by Dealwagon
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:31 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I really need to get it outside or in a huge gym to see what its real potential is. I have a feeling that flying it in tight quarters is harder than in a huge area, and it's performance will probably shine when it can stretch its legs.
I live in a mobile home and can't wait till it gets warmer and the wind goes away!
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:10 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Mar 2009
301 Posts
Went ahead and put the two good blades on and since I finally caught up to the end of December in this thread decided to take the tail fin off (the original had been really floppy, I put on the spare and it was pretty solid but did slide forward a few times.)

Wow. Now I REALLY wish the winds would die down and I could get some outside flying in! (25mph+ winds here this evening/night and more predicted for tomorrow ) It's a lot more stable and I'm starting to really get a feel for the sticks. Was able to take off from my little stool, fly a circle around the room, do a couple of piros and then land back on the stool!

Good thing my toy budget is blown for the next few weeks or I'd be having a hard time talking myself out of ordering a 9x TX from one of the more expensive sources that still have them in stock instead of being patient and waiting on HK
jhitesma is offline Find More Posts by jhitesma