SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:40 AM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
Question
Monitor Lipo battery voltage programatically

Hello,

I am constructing my own DIY drone with a Raspberry Pi for a controller, and so far I have been relying on a volt checker that makes noise and flashes LEDs when its battery's voltage starts going low. But considering it is practically a flying automated robot, I prefer to send the voltage information to the Pi monitoring, in order to handle it in the flight software. However, the only volt checkers I have seen are either like mine, or report the readings on a display they have. I assumed I would be able to find one that communicates voltage readings - over I2C, oscilations, or UART or whatever, but no such luck.

So, am I missing something, or is it that this kind of thing is not popular in RC applications, and thus I would have to build a solution on my own?
ddichev is offline Find More Posts by ddichev
Last edited by ddichev; Dec 18, 2014 at 01:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts