SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:07 PM
Joined Feb 2011
94 Posts
Discussion
KK Multicopter problem reversing roll gyro HELP ME

Help me please
I am having trouble reversing my role gyro. This is what I followed: Reversing gyros: -1.Set roll gain pot to zero. - 2,Turn on flight controller. - 3.LED flashes rapidly 10 times. - .4.Move the stick for the gyro you want to reverse. - 5.LED will blink continually. - 6.Turn off flight controller. - If there is more gyros to be reversed, goto step 2, else set roll gain pot back When I get to the point of the - LED is to flash rapidly 10 times, that never happens so I can not reverse it. Can anyone give me some pointer or even tell me what to do!! I have 2 boards of this type so I tried a second one and it did the same thing. I must be missing doing something somewhere. It is KK Multicopter v5.5, xcopter v2.9. Thanks John
john50049 is offline Find More Posts by john50049
Last edited by john50049; Jan 17, 2013 at 06:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:10 AM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
Turn the pot the other way sometimes they are backwards
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:35 AM
Malaysia, Penang, George Town
Joined Jan 2012
66 Posts
problem with revering gyro

Hi John,
Welcome to rcgroups, to help your search for a solution, check this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...reverse%20gyro
BTW what firmware are you using?

Sorry just noticed that you already had 86 post here. Lol.

Sometimes the led flashes so fast, its hard to count 10. Go through the scenario, and test whether the gyro is already reversed.
Eddfoo is offline Find More Posts by Eddfoo
Last edited by Eddfoo; Jan 17, 2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Hindsight
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Feb 2011
94 Posts
follow up

I have tried doing the gyro reverse with the pot CW and CCW.

I am new to quads so I am learning from the beginning. If I understand right the board has xcopter V2.9 on it.

I did this and this step is what told me I needed to reverse my roll gyro
(Tilt multicopter to the left. Left motor should speed up. If not, reverse roll gyro.)
When I tilt left the right motors speed up so also if I try to fly it, it just flips over. After I go through the steps it then says to move the stick to reverse the gyro. When I go through the steps and keep going even though I don't see the LED flash I then move the aileron stick. First am I moving the correct stick to reverse the roll gyro? When I go ahead even though the LED does not flash and I move the aileron stick it does not reverse the gyro. If I am moving the correct stick then how do you move it? Do I move it to the left, right, both, do I hold it before I put it back to center. Maybe I am not moving the correct stick or moving it wrong.

So can anyone do anything with that info? ask me questions even if the are dumb simple things that I might have missed.

eddfoo I will go read that link you sent me now.
Thanks
John
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
66 Posts
Revering Gyro

John,
1st of all I believe the board comes standard with the + configuration, you have reflash it, if you want X configuration, that by itself is another subject. I'll walk you through if you need. As for reversing the gyro, after setting the roll pot to zero, if you want to change the yaw gyro, than you must move the yaw stick. Move it one way, if it doesnt respond than move it the other way. It should respond than. I have built 450 to 600 size quads, in all cases I test the direction of gyro respond with the quad over my head, props on Btw, hold tight, up throttle until I feel a slight lift, tilt the quad forward and backward to test if there is resistance to my effort. If there is than the pitch gyro is set correct. The same applies to the other axis. I find that listening to the motor speed rather confusing. Just use caution if you intend to follow what I do. Btw you can check stick direction that way too.
Last edited by Eddfoo; Jan 18, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:31 AM
Joined Feb 2011
94 Posts
Bump
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:12 AM
Joined Jan 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john50049 View Post
Bump
So what do you want to do? May I suggest you try and fly the + configuration first and convert to x when you are familier with the quad. Just to remind you that the board placement for the congurations are different. the arrow on the board should point forward. Check the kkmultirotor forum for the motor placement for the + configuration.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:14 PM
Joined Feb 2011
94 Posts
OK I can reconfigure the way the board is sitting on the frame so I can see if it will fly as a +. I will get that done the first of this week and then I will post back on here what happened. I figured it was set up as x since the bag it came in said xcopter V2.9. That is what I get for assuming!! Thanks for your help so far. I have a HK board that has the LCD display on another quad and it works great. I think I like the LCD board better for setting up. I will get back as soon as I get it moved to + config.
John
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:33 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,734 Posts
Do you have a USB programming cable? It's always better to load your own firmware on these boards so you know where you are.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
94 Posts
Yes I have one but I have not used it yet so not sure if I know how to flash yet. I started looking last night at trying to figure out how to know what firmware I need to download and put on it. I am going to have to try it sometime as I am sure if I am going to play with these copters I need to know how to flash them.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:48 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john50049 View Post
Yes I have one but I have not used it yet so not sure if I know how to flash yet. I started looking last night at trying to figure out how to know what firmware I need to download and put on it. I am going to have to try it sometime as I am sure if I am going to play with these copters I need to know how to flash them.
Check out my blog for some firmware:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1793351
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:52 PM
Joined Jan 2012
66 Posts
@John,
The following might help :
Flash tool : Usbasp from Hobbyking
Need to download driver if you are using Windows
Download Java if you haven't
Software to Flash board : kk multirotor Flashtool by Lazyzero
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1526042

I highly recommand using this software, it has all the FW you need online.
I use it to flash my ESC too.

Check out Steveis Blog too, his version certainly make setting up easier.
Just remember the term Quad only means it has 4 motors, make sure you choose + or X. The rest of the multirotor configuration are less confusing maybe except for bicopter and dual copter.