SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:32 PM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
496 Posts
How are you determining the c.g....upright or inverted? Or does it matter?
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How real is Realflight
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:53 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRecon View Post
Just picked one up. Had not even heard of it until yesterday. Time for more batteries. Wonder if it would tow an ASK-21?
No problem with this kind of power. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Been experimenting with moving CG back,, my 48g battery now about 1/2 in back from front edge of battery compartment,, CG back about 46mm flys much better. Anybody here experiment with differential??? I did on mine,, with 27% negative differential rolls seem a little more axial
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:03 PM
United States, MN, Clearwater
Joined Jul 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRecon View Post
Just picked one up. Had not even heard of it until yesterday. Time for more batteries. Wonder if it would tow an ASK-21?
Just be carefull that you don't rip the wings off the ASK
RyPlane is offline Find More Posts by RyPlane
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:06 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyPlane View Post
Just be carefull that you don't rip the wings off the ASK
Maybe ill try aero towing my ASK with this edge,, might be fun. :-)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Just got back from a few flights this evening,,,,, MAN!!!! This thing flys REALLY AWSOME at slow speeds. So radar clocked it with the GWS 7x3.5 prop,, got 44 mph , with stock prop I got 40-42mph,, my Sbach 3d on 2s was 42 mph, on 3s it was 47mph
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Finally finished up the Edge travel box. Took way longer than I expected but should be well worth it to avoid dinging her up going to and from flying. Started out with a 30 x 30 x 18 box and trimmed it down a little. Then added the foam which took forever! Not something I would want to do again.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:46 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Finally finished up the Edge travel box. Took way longer than I expected but should be well worth it to avoid dinging her up going to and from flying. Started out with a 30 x 30 x 18 box and trimmed it down a little. Then added the foam which took forever! Not something I would want to do again.
Great job!!! Now fix your prop and you'll be all set
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:51 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Great job!!! Now fix your prop and you'll be all set
Thanks! I picked up the GWS 7x3.5 when I got the plane. Now that the box is done its time to get the plane ready. Still waiting on the batteries for it so I have a little time.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:12 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Great job on that box
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Sep 2011
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
The only thing that I have found easier on the sbach 3d vs the edge is knife edge . But a little practice and mix cured that. I suppose I could add that the as3x maybe makes it a bit easier to keep the nose on point in rolls, but the Edge does not have problems there anyway. The Sbach had been my most used plane since the first version came out, but afraid it's lost its place now. Edit: just to add - there is really no comparing the way the two fly - they are completely different breeds of animal. The edge does not fly like a um plane. It flies much more like bigger balsa planes. It's light on the wings and will float around compared to the sbach and will even glide. The sbach stalls like a brick if you get it too slow, the Edge stalls like a feather if you get it too slow.
Thanks for your answer.
I thought something like this. I do understand, just from videos, that they are very different planes. I was just wondering because I've ordered the Sbach and I was wondering if it will be worth upgrading to the Edge. The Sbach will be my first aerobatic plane which is why I was asking about how easy they are to fly :-)

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:39 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
Maiden flight

One flight so far,will dial it in more when i have time to fly again. A little windy out but it handled the wind surprisingly well for a 26'' span plane.

E-Flite QQ Edge 540 Maiden (5 min 49 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:23 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
I'll ask again since I haven't had time to rip through the pages. Is it easy to change the prop to 7X3.5 HD? Can the spinner fit? I haven't flown it yet and have 3 stock props and 3 HD props on the way. Thanks.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:32 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I'll ask again since I haven't had time to rip through the pages. Is it easy to change the prop to 7X3.5 HD? Can the spinner fit? I haven't flown it yet and have 3 stock props and 3 HD props on the way. Thanks.

J
Pretty sure you have to sand the prop and or swap the prop nut over to make the gws 7x3.5 fit securely. You need to trim the spinner slightly too.
I've got 5 gws props coming (only available in sets of 5 on ebay) and still waiting for the 540qq to be released in the uk
Cheers
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:26 AM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
One flight so far,will dial it in more when i have time to fly again. A little windy out but it handled the wind surprisingly well for a 26'' span plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-NLR5DQlWY&feature=plcp
Thanks very much for this video. I think you fly very much the same way I do, so this was perfect. I loved it when you chased the crow out of your fly zone, too. I've got a few hawks I like to chase but they couldn't care less about my tiny little polecat. Maybe the edge would ruffle some feathers.
FunkeyMonk is offline Find More Posts by FunkeyMonk