SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2014, 02:08 PM
United States, MA, Wenham
Joined Jan 2007
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mildmanneredbob View Post
Hello
Just purchased a Marblehead from the Mesa,Arizona area. I had my brother pick it up and the owner didn't know much about the boat. I am located in the South Puget Sound area of Washington and am looking to find other Marblehead racers in the Wash., Ore. area. The boat is an ORCO Skinny, sail # 3018. Anyone recognize the # ? I purchased it with no receiver and a keel bulb separated(broken) from the keel fin. I bought a Spektrum DX5e xmtr and rcvr and repaired the keel. Had it out for the first time yesterday in light to medium conditions. Boat tracked very well after some tweeking and in my mind was moving quick, but I have no reference....so what do I know ! Also the sails are tired, so will be replacing those ASAP. I would be interested in a Keel assy if anyone knows if one available somewhere.
Looking forward to sailing against others.
MMB
Don't know the number, but 3018 means that there were three thousand seventeen other Marblehads registered prior to it.
Welcome to the M. Now that you have one, you will see hundreds more. That's because there are thousands of Them.
breakwater is offline Find More Posts by breakwater
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2014, 08:30 PM
Orco Skinny
Joined Dec 2014
3 Posts
Orco #3018

Just received a note from the class Pres. Looks like the boat was last registered to a Paul Brown in 1989 ! Anyone recognise the name ?
MMB
mildmanneredbob is offline Find More Posts by mildmanneredbob
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:44 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mildmanneredbob View Post
Hello
Just purchased a Marblehead from the Mesa,Arizona area. I had my brother pick it up and the owner didn't know much about the boat. I am located in the South Puget Sound area of Washington and am looking to find other Marblehead racers in the Wash., Ore. area. The boat is an ORCO Skinny, sail # 3018. Anyone recognize the # ? I purchased it with no receiver and a keel bulb separated(broken) from the keel fin. I bought a Spektrum DX5e xmtr and rcvr and repaired the keel. Had it out for the first time yesterday in light to medium conditions. Boat tracked very well after some tweeking and in my mind was moving quick, but I have no reference....so what do I know ! Also the sails are tired, so will be replacing those ASAP. I would be interested in a Keel assy if anyone knows if one available somewhere.
Looking forward to sailing against others.
MMB

Bob, don't believe there are any M racers in the Sound area but you are welcome to race with our IOM group. We alternate every other Saturday between Surprise Lake in Milton and Gene Coulon Marine Park at Lake Washington March through October.

Go to the last page in the latest Seattle Newsletter for our schedule found on this site:

ibextrax.com
blackrgb is offline Find More Posts by blackrgb
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:59 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrgb View Post
Bob, don't believe there are any M racers in the Sound area but you are welcome to race with our IOM group. We alternate every other Saturday between Surprise Lake in Milton and Gene Coulon Marine Park at Lake Washington March through October.

Go to the last page in the latest Seattle Newsletter for our schedule found on this site:

ibextrax.com
To find the Seattle IOM Newsletter hit "Bob Wells Update" The 2015 schedule is in the October 2014 edition. We always get a good turnout and welcome other one meter (ie ODOMs) and marbleheads.
blackrgb is offline Find More Posts by blackrgb
Old Dec 17, 2014, 08:04 PM
Orco Skinny
Joined Dec 2014
3 Posts
Thank you for the invite, I will check out your schedule !
I also received a note from the racers in Sequim to come race with them on Fridays........but those races are at 10:00 am,,,,,,,,,,seems they are all retired !
MMB
mildmanneredbob is offline Find More Posts by mildmanneredbob