mydriaze is offline Find More Posts by mydriaze
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:12 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Thanks for the advice but basically how I feel about such things is I feel I shouldn't have to buy upgrades or do mods on them, especially considering how much they are in the first place! I just want to buy & fly and have it be durable for what it costs... just another one of the many, many reasons I fell in love with v911's and the Helios. You get soooo much for your money and I truly am spoiled by that. The other stuff just doesn't measure up anymore
It sucks when you buy a more expensive bird to find out Nine Eagles is making crap parts that you have to keep replacing. Flybar on 270A is a total piece of junk, made to break. My 328 New First flight pinion gears fell out. Sorry mad cheapJUNK Solo-pro. I will Never buy a Solo-pro heli EVER. I advise against buying cheap made heli at your own perill. Yes they fly but built in self destruct parts to get you to buy more. Get a V911, or Helios 100. Plus nobody stock these JUNK parts. SHAMEFUL way to go Nine Eagles. You are a disgrace to mico Hobby industry. You know what you put into these parts for a quick buck. V911 has L/G that is close to what Nine Eagles has on 260A, difference is V911 gear takes a good hit. One hard landing on 260A they break. A new 328 and Pinion gear fell off, what the hey!!
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Oct 24, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:33 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,478 Posts
Sad part is I have three S/p helis and hate to fly them. Yes they fly ok but parts are so cheaply made and break way to easy. I have flown my V911's hundreds of times. My Helios almost 50 flights and no damage and all work. V929's/ Walkrea V1/V2Y-6 all fly and take a hit. Walkrea V200D01/ V100D01 take a hit. Solo-pro even mild strike and you need to order parts. This is outright wrong.
Only part I needed for my dozen + helis was a tail motor for a V911. I have spent more on my S/P helis then all the rest combined. Yes I can fly, maybe no big contest flyer but treat all my helis/Quads like a good flying machine. The design is good, problem is they make big money on parts. $3.00 for tiny screws for flybar. Wake up Nine Eagles you have many other vendors ready to sell GOOD helis.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:45 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,721 Posts
[shrug] Guess it depends on luck of the draw. I own five NE helicopters (SP260, BSX, SP328 x 2, SP125). I broke a few parts over the years, but overall, my spares stockpile is pretty intact.

In fact, the reason I have two 328 is that one is made from spares that I hate to see just laying around doing nothing!
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:42 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,478 Posts
Well new dawn, new light. Fix to my 328 worked and flying decent so far. Went ahead and fixed 270A and did a few mods and now good as ever. 260A was not needing anything to get it going. Forgot how fast it si but had fun anyway. Design is decent its just some parts are far from quality, thats show bizz!!. Never , ever buy another. Friend gave mr a Brovo SX and threw it in the trash, no more buying defective NE parts again. I did not want to be temped to do some minor repairs to SX.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:52 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,600 Posts
I understand the frustration it can give when some product doesn't deliver, but is it really necessary to vent that in multiple threads?

Apart from that, I agree with your point, the design of NE is often clever, and if the part quality doesn't let one down, you often get a nice flying heli. But the quality of the produced helis can undermine this. The Helios 100 seems like a nice heli too, but at the moment I would prefer the 270 over it, perhaps a little less agile, but much smoother with no pronounced pendulum or porpoising effects.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:24 AM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
I have the original solo pro that I have mentioned some time ago trying to upgrade to a v2. Would a 260 bnf be a better bet for me or a few dollars more and get one of these rtf? thanks
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:05 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,600 Posts
I prefer having a heli for spares. And only a few critical parts as spares, like motors and a main shaft.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:16 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I prefer having a heli for spares. And only a few critical parts as spares, like motors and a main shaft.
Go figure, but the more spares I have on hand for a given heli, the less I tend to break anything on it!
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:54 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
Go figure, but the more spares I have on hand for a given heli, the less I tend to break anything on it!
Amen to that, buy extras and you break something else. The more I fly quads less I like helis..to a point. Helis still rock !! 270A is flying fine. I will be doing more with 328 and couple FBL F/P helis. I am holding off from going to my S/P 280A -100D] and Genius C/P's.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:18 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
True, the spares act as "insurance" that you won't break these parts.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
I think I was not clear on my previous post. Should I upgrade to a 260 BNF "or" go with the 270 RTF as if I understand correctly the tx's are not compatible? Which flies the best/easiest?
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:37 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,478 Posts
The 270A is nicer heli and more durable. Then again if you want a mico that can get down and move oyt 260A is ticket. They have different TX's. Helios 100 is inbetween both. Depends on what you want. I just got a Walkrea Super FP . It is FBL and will smoke ALL 4 ch helis with flybars.
Last edited by dankar04; Nov 11, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:48 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf View Post
I think I was not clear on my previous post. Should I upgrade to a 260 BNF "or" go with the 270 RTF as if I understand correctly the tx's are not compatible? Which flies the best/easiest?
The 270 is the most well behaved in flight, and great indoors. The 260 is more for outdoors, as it's made for screaming around. That doesn't mean you can't fly outside with the 270, and especially if you fit a 260 receiver to it, should you get one with limited servo throws.

If you fly mostly indoors, the 270 is hard to beat, smooth, and excellent ground effect handling. If you fly mixed or indoor in a big gym for instance, I think you will have more fun with the 260.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:17 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,478 Posts
Indoors the 270a is joy to fly. Spot landings are very possible and it flys like a real heli. My foward speed isn't as good as I want and will add a tiny bit more weight to nose but I'm usng 180ma nano-tech batteries. Winter will be here very soon if not allready so get a few good indoord birds to keep you happy. S/P 270A and Ladybird V1 or V2. Clones are ok but these two are worth a little extra.

SoloProFan will J6pro work with 270? [J4]