HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franke View Post
The forums are not only about learning what you need to know but are also about helping others. Searching for info is great. More people should do it.

If you have had so many problems with HK, why do you order from them?

I placed nine orders from HK and GLB 14 days ago. Eight from China and one from the US. One from GLB was here in one week. A Devo12S. A couple days later the order from the US came. In two weeks I have received four out of nine orders. Two more show as being in a city south of Chicago after going through ISC Chicago. One other is at ISC Chicago, one is at ISC New York and the final order still shows as having gone through Hong Kong.

The last order had a couple of backorders on it that I canceled after one week. The webpages for the backordered products each had the estimated times that it takes for that product to be restocked. One was up to 60 days so I removed it. The other said within 30 days.

In complaining about their products... What do you expect? It is made cheap, it is sold cheap. You buy it cheap. If you want the highest quality then you shouldn't buy anything made in China by ordering from China.

In complaining about shipping times... What do you expect? You are ordering from the other side of the planet. The package doesn't just have to go through customs once. It has to go through customs as it leaves China and it has to go through customs as it enters the US. You can expect a few days for that over there and a few days for it over here. That is in addition to the actual shipping time.

If you don't like waiting, don't order from overseas. If you want things in your hand super fast, buy local. If you want easy returns, buy local. It is really simple. If you hate HK so much, all you have to do is stop ordering from them, stop going to their website and stop visiting their forum. Then you can compain how expensive everything is because you are no longer ordering from the cheapest place available.
I've only been in this hobby for a few years if and when I feel that I have the expertice to help people in other areas I will. Now I'm trying to help people avoid the problems I had with HK. I didn't complain in this thread about products, shipping or waiting times so stop spinning what I said to suit your needs. I entered this thread to discuss the topic I believe you entered to provoke a fight with me. Good bye.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 30, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:50 PM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
I entered this thread to discuss the topic I believe you entered to troll for a fight with Me. Good bye.
I entered this thread to give my unbiased opinion on my recent orders with Hobby King. I am not the one that has 98% of all their posts spewing Hobby King hatred then complaining about things when you can't get anyone to agree with you.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
Hi all member
I bought Turnigy T9 from hobbyking, when I get it , always display "Switch Error" when turn on, I ask some user in here, try to all switch up, same problem,
Then I send them amail tell about problem, the guy there name is Matthew, ask me send back to them for check, I pay 12$ for shipping back, two week late they said faulty item, need get credit or replacement, can't refund via paypal ( I paid them via paypal), I said I want refund
Now they said the Turnigy TX not faulty, just get credit or pay them $11.80usd for send back to me
I said no,
because last time I bought NE 328A from them, they send me dead heli, I send them back for refund, I lose 24$ for ship to me and ship back to them, no heli but lose money ????
anyone get problem with that site ???
and question is
Turnigy T9x when turn on the screen say SWITCH ERROR is normal after try all way to switch up ??
bad customer services,
thank for reading
DON"T BUY ANY FROM THEM
dienson is offline Find More Posts by dienson
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
Here is my case
they said faulty item
then they said good item
then tell me pay for shippin
this is second time get dead item when came, last is heli NE328A

Hi Dienson ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We have issued store credit for amount of $64.75 to your account. Please check bonus points for updates. You may apply the points in your next order.

*please note that store credit can only be used on products, shipping will have to be settle separately.

Thank you for shopping with us!

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

August 03, 2012 09:50

Hi Dienson ,

We have issued store credit for amount of $64.75 to your account. Please check bonus points for updates. You may apply the points in your next order.

*please note that store credit can only be used on products, shipping will have to be settle separately.

Thank you for shopping with us!

Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team

August 03, 2012 09:50

Hi Dienson ,

We are sorry to learn your bad experience on our product. For the defective item we are sorry that we can not refund to Paypal account, if you do not accept bonus points or we can send you new one. Please kindly inform us if you want to replacement.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team

August 04, 2012 13:33

Last time I got refund from your store to
my paypal, if you don't want to refund, i make claim to paypal
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

August 04, 2012 14:34

Hi Dienson ,

Please refer to the following website for your reference:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/FAQ.asp

Please be informed that once the item has been returned and confirmed to be faulty, we can only give you credit of the product or send you a replacement at no cost.

Please kindly advise.

Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team

August 04, 2012 23:38

Dienson

Hi Matthew

Can you send me another Turnigy t9

Can you check make sure it's work normal

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 4, 2012, at 8:38 AM, Matthew < notifications-support@hobbyking.zendesk.com > wrote:

August 05, 2012 22:55

Matthew

HobbyKing Support Centre

Hi Dienson ,

Sorry for late reply. Actually I can make the request to send the replacement for you, but there is no current ETA for the item in the next 3 months, many customers ordered them when it is in backorder before, the amount of products deliver from the factory is not enough to cover the backorders.

It will take a long time for you to wait for the replacement.

Please kindly advise.

Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team

August 06, 2012 06:44

Dienson

Hi there

Okie, just refund to back Paypal, thank you

Like last time your company refund to us

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 5, 2012, at 3:44 PM, Matthew < notifications-support@hobbyking.zendesk.com > wrote:

August 06, 2012 12:59

Andrea

HobbyKing Support Centre

Hi Dienson ,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Our warranty department inspected the item again and it works perfectly. Please advise us if you would like to have the item sent back to you.

Regards.
Andrea
HobbyKing Support Team

August 06, 2012 15:18

Hi Dienson ,

Thanks for your reply. We will ship it back to you via USPS Priority Mail 2-3Day US-PM $11.88. Please settle the amount of $11.88 via PayPal to accounts@unitedhobbies.com

After your payment has been transferred, you should receive confirmation email from Paypal for Unique transaction ID. Please provide the ID on reply email, so we can verify the payment with Paypal and process your order promptly.

Regards.
Andrea
HobbyKing Support Team

August 07, 2012 10:31

Dienson

Hi there

That's okie, I just want to refund back,

Because you send the not working or something wrong, I lose my shipping again,

I bought two items, two of them are not working when arrived, I lose money send back each I lose 23$' no more,

Because I know not sure is work or ?,

Thank You, just refund money back to my PayPal

That's all

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 6, 2012, at 7:31 PM, Andrea < notifications-support@hobbyking.zendesk.com > wrote:

August 07, 2012 21:25

Dienson

Hi Dienson ,

Please refer to the following website for your reference:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/FAQ.asp

Please be informed that once the item has been returned and confirmed to be faulty, we can only give you credit of the product or send you a replacement at no cost.

Please kindly advise.

Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team

Like above, Matthew said, the items confirmed faulty,
faulty is not mine, is your item you sale,
best for me and you is refund money back
thank you

August 08, 2012 04:54
dienson is offline Find More Posts by dienson
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:31 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,164 Posts
See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=48

Seems that Switch Error is normal operating procedure if some switches are in the wrong position on power up. With the Spektrum DX-8 it shakes and buzzes which indicates the throttle is on or another critical switch such as flaps is in the wrong position.

Now the question is, why didn't HK tell you that. Bad show on their part. I guess that wasn't in the operating manual (if there was one).
I feel for you, all that for what looks like a non-problem, ouch, I'd be irate too.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Aug 07, 2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Nov 2010
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=48

Seems that Switch Error is normal operating procedure if some switches are in the wrong position on power up. With the Spektrum DX-8 it shakes and buzzes which indicates the throttle is on or another critical switch such as flaps is in the wrong position.

Now the question is, why didn't HK tell you that. Bad show on their part. I guess that wasn't in the operating manual (if there was one).
I feel for you, all that for what looks like a non-problem, ouch, I'd be irate too.
if the switch is faulty , wiring problem you got Switch Error too even the switches are in the right position ,
@dienson contact customer service (use live chat)tell them you don't want credit point and ask them to refund your Hard earn money to your paypal acc since they can't give your tx replacement
presa1200 is offline Find More Posts by presa1200
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienson View Post
Hi all member
I bought Turnigy T9 from hobbyking, when I get it , always display "Switch Error" when turn on, I ask some user in here, try to all switch up, same problem,
Then I send them amail tell about problem, the guy there name is Matthew, ask me send back to them for check, I pay 12$ for shipping back, two week late they said faulty item, need get credit or replacement, can't refund via paypal ( I paid them via paypal), I said I want refund
Now they said the Turnigy TX not faulty, just get credit or pay them $11.80usd for send back to me
I said no,
because last time I bought NE 328A from them, they send me dead heli, I send them back for refund, I lose 24$ for ship to me and ship back to them, no heli but lose money ????
anyone get problem with that site ???
and question is
Turnigy T9x when turn on the screen say SWITCH ERROR is normal after try all way to switch up ??
bad customer services,
thank for reading
DON"T BUY ANY FROM THEM
Don't waste any more of your time or money. They can refund to your Paypal account. File a claim with Paypal now and include the shipping you spent.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:20 AM
x33
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Problems with sending back faulty items

Hi, Greetings from Germany to all the people here!

I'm reactivating this thread again (don't want to start a new...) because of actually problems with some faulty parts from Hobby King
I think, that the following mail-traffic with HK will be "self-explaining"

>>>>===== send to HK-Supportcenter ===============================>>>>

Request #xxx ORDER ID: xxxxx ---- "2.4GHz-Micro Systems Series"
Jan 14 21:23

Hello,

according to ORDER ID: xxxx
(receiving the Parcel on 10.01.2013 via German Customs)
you shipped the following Components from the
"2.4GHz-Micro Systems Series"

2 pcs --- JR-Modul (HK-X600J) ---- $43,92
4 pcs --- 3ch-Receiver (HK0104ARX-LS) ---- $87,56
2 pcs --- 5ch-Reciever (HK0104ARX-HBL) ---- $54,10
2 pcs --- 3ch-Receiver (HK103RX-S) ---- $27,12
(total $212.70)

The testing of the components was very, very disapointing...

General
-------------------
1. the moduls came without any manual...and there is no link to a matching PDF on the product-page.

2. The PDF (found via Google) is not valid/up to date
>> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...82X7478X31.pdf <<
and shows pictures not matching the real modul.

3. the Power-Connector is missing...so I can't use the modul in combination with a Spektrum transmitter
(Transpondermodus...as discribed in the PDF)

4. one receiver arrived (in the bag) with a missing antenna!

Using the modules in a MC24 (JR-System)
------------------------------------------------------------
1. one receiver is not binding (with both modules)

2. one receiver is only binding to ONE modul not to the other one.
(tried the bindingprocesses several times with different distances )

3. one receiver is loosing binding (very often) after power_down-power_up

4. only ONE receiver ist working WITHOUT (so far) any problems....!!!!

The others receivers have "strange" behaviors"...the linearservos are NOT running smooth and continuously...they jumping back and forth...with no defined center position....sometimes loosing binding.

Conclusion
-----------------
Normally my MC24 is working without any problems with a Spektrum-Modul in combination with several original Receivers and many Orange-RXs (bought by HK....)

I'm thinking, that there will be a big general problem with this "2,4GHz Micro Systems", depending on hard/firmware
The whole system is not reliable and very disappointing.

Therefore I will send back the complete system (all the listed parts mentioned at the beginning)

Best regards,

<<<<====== answer received from HobbyKing Support Centre ===============<<<<

We are sorry to hear the items you have received in order #2005652444 seems to be faulty
To help us better verify your warranty claim, please supply us with a description on how the product is
faulty, along with support information such as photos or videos that clearly demonstrate the item received is
faulty (the support information should also state out the set up of the product). The support information needs
to be clear and concise so our warranty team can process you claim promptly.

Thank you for your assistance in the matter, please contact us again if you have any other queries.
Regards.
HobbyKing Support Team

Hello,

thanks for the quick response...but there will be problems to explain a faulty system, which is based on
hard- an software :-(

Photos or videos from a not working RX-PCB do not make any sense (in my opinion)???
I think, that a technical guy will understand the meanings of my post, but I will try to give you more detailed informations.
-------------------------------
---> First of all, there is no valid manual matching to the TX-modules(HK-X600J) you where shipping...even the pictures on your productpage is different to the photos in the download-file (PDF)

---> the connector to powerup the modul in "Spektrum-Transponder-Mode" is missing...(as in the PDF discribed)
http://www.jokr.de/pics/hk-microsys/...600_x-back.jpg
http://www.jokr.de/pics/hk-microsys/...00_x-front.jpg
You can see, the modul is also labeld with "x" and not with "J" for JR

The quasi not existing Spektrum-Mode is not a real problem for me, because I wanted to use the TX-modules in my Graupner MC24-Transmitters (JR).
Normally I'm using a Spektrum-TX-Modul and receivers out of the Spektrum "AR64xx-Series" (without any problems)

So I tested both TX-Modules in the MC-24... with all the delivered receivers...and could not see any satisfying result.
The hole system (TX-Modul with all the RXs) is very unreliable... there is no stable RF-link...even the binding does not work!

Here is a list with my test results for the 8 RXs

#1 --- HK103RX-S ---> this one seems to be O.K. --- binds without problems to both TX-modules --- not tested the actuator-outputs (needs soldering)
THIS IS THE ONE an ONLY RX which binds to BOTH MODULES !!!! (out of 8 items)

#2 --- HK103RX-S ---> binds ONLY to ONE TX-Modul...not working with the second one

#3 --- HK0104ARX-LS ---> this RX came with a broken antenna (in the bag) ---- binds ONLY to ONE TX-Modul...not working with the second one. The servo-travel is O.K. --- even the centering

#4 --- HK0104ARX-LS ---> does NOT bind to any of the BOTH Tx-Modules
I tried different distances between TX an RX ....not binding at all!!!!

#5 --- HK0104ARX-LS ---> NO binding (same as #4)

#6 --- HK0104ARX-LS ---> is binding to ONLY ONE Tx-modul --- (see #3)

#7 --- HK0104ARX-HBL ---> No binding ( same as #5 and #4)

#8 --- HK0104ARX-HBL ---> binds with BOTH TX-Modules...but the SERVOS are JUMPING an have no centering!
Sometimes the RX is loosing the binding after powerdown and powerup!!!

As you can see, there is only ONE RX with a stable TX-RX-Link....

I spend several ours with testing the system-parts...I changend binding-distances and RX-Lipo...even changed the Host-TXs (MC24) with an MC24 from a friend....with no better results! As I posted befor, my TX(MC24) is working without any faults....with many Orange-Reveivers and original Spektrum-RXs.

For these reasons, I want to return the parts (the 2 Modules and the 8 Receivers) back to your company...
I do not want to put those parts in any object that airplane
I don't want to waste my time with this system any more....and I am awaiting your acceptance!

By the way: as you can see in my older orders ---> there are no reclamations before...and up until now, I was very pleased with the HobbyKing-Quality!

Best regards

<<<<====== answer received from HobbyKing Support Centre ===============<<<<

Hi Rudolf ,

Thanks for your reply. Please send us a video to show how the items are defective.

Thanks for your support.

Hi,

sorry, is there a problem in understanding my explanations?????
If so, please read my post again carefully and/or send it to someone with technical background!!!!!!
I explained the problems very well!!!!!!

Your reply (asking for a video) is kind of "funny"!
What would you like to see on this video??? ---- a RX-PCB lying on the table??? --- how can I film a "not working" RX??? --- how can I make a video of a RX loosing the TX-binding???? THIS IT NOT POSSIBLE!!!!

So I do really hope, your answer is depending on a mistake/misunderstanding and is not a part of HK-policy to treat a customer with problems?!?!

I will repeat the conclusion of my former post:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I spend several ours with testing the system-parts...
> I changend binding-distances and RX-Lipo...even changed the Host-TXs (MC24) with
> a MC24 from a friend....with no better results!
> As I posted befor, my TX(MC24) is working without any faults....with many Orange-Reveivers and original
> Spektrum-RXs.

> For these reasons, I want to return the parts (the 2 Modules and the 8 Receivers) back to
> your company...
> I do not want to put those parts in any object that airplane
> I don't want to waste my time with this system any more....and I am awaiting your acceptance!

> By the way: as you can see in my older orders ---> there are no reclamations before...and up until
> now, I was very pleased with the HoabbyKing-Quality!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I will tell you again: most of the received system-parts are not working at all...the whole system is unreliable.
YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE A VALID MANUAL!!!!!!!

I want to send the 10 parts of this "2,4 micro systems" back to your company --- PLEASE ACCEPT THIS!!!!
Send me an information how to return the parts!!!!

regards
================================================== ========================
=================== End of traffic to HK ================================================

To demand a video from a not working TX-RX seems a little curious for me.
I'm hoping this case will have a postiv reaction from Hobby King.
I will inform you about the further reactions from HK.

bye for now,
x33
x33 is offline Find More Posts by x33
Last edited by x33; Jan 16, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:14 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,252 Posts
They are just completely exasperating aren't they?

Instead of doing what a good service company would do after your very careful and detailed explanation, that is "OK send it back to us and we will test it" ...they want some sort of "proof" from you first!

Bloody ridiculous!

But then, par for the course (as expected) from the HK attitude to return of goods
Berkie is online now Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:19 AM
x33
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Hi, after some more discussions with a "product specialist", HK accepts sending back all the parts belonging to the system.

Now, the package is on the way ( to german warehouse...with RMA-ID on every item) and I'm waiting for the things to come....
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Guten Tag x33, So after Two weeks and much time wasted HK agrees to let you send back the defective items. I'm glad to see you are making some progress. Let us know about the final outcome. Good Luck.
Auf Wiedersehen
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:07 PM
x33
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
I'm glad to see you are making some progress.
...me to!

I posted them to accept credit "bonus-points"...so they don't have to refound the money to paypal.

By the way -> the "Paypal-Insurance" will NOT be very helpfull at all.
This case was running out of the 45.days-timelimit...becaus of delayed delivery.

There is another stepping stone with Paypal:
Hk is listed with the Hongkong-Address...so sending back any items to German-Warehouse, the costumer is sending to a different address.....and Paypal is not more responsable any more!!!!

Viele Gre aus Deutschland,
Joachim
Old Mar 21, 2013, 04:30 AM
x33
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Update

After long time waitingl...there is a good news at all!

--> HK accepted my case and refounded all the parts to "bonus points" --- without any further technical discussion....

So I think, that sending back parts to an asian supplier needs persistency and many "friendly words"....but I'm sad to say: you can have similar problems with european/german shops!

Viele Gre aus Deutschland,
Joachim