HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: To Ban, or Not to Ban
Ban These Giveaways 1 50.00%
I Like Them, Let Them Stay 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Maximilionalpha, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 03:51 PM
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
999 Posts
Careful!
Banning Contests

I think that these so-called contests, that occasionally pop up on the site, are nothing more, than fishing schemes. There should be a 'Ban' on running these so-called 'Giveaways',because I believe the people running them are just phishing for personal info and not delivering. What's your thoughts on the matter?
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Last edited by Maximilionalpha; Jan 26, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 07:20 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,574 Posts
You your be so kind to add some examples of reference and possible proof of alleged Phishing?

Thank you,

The contest thang in order to gather personal information has gone on long before the internet.
Reminds me of the Win a New Car in a mall back in the early 70's

As far as contest for items of value, they usually need to be approved by RCG staff.

Jared
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jcstalls; Jan 26, 2015 at 07:27 PM.