HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2014, 10:24 PM
Joined Aug 2010
14 Posts
Discussion
Amazing Dumas 41' Coast Guard Find

At least it is amazing to me. Cannot say what I paid.

But check this out. I love collecting rare rc planes and boats. Can you see the blue bird fire bird from the mid 80's in the background ?

My brother had the 44' Dumas back when we were in our teens so I remember somewhat still the set up.

So I have searched and looked at tons of Dumas postings and have figured out somewhat of the pieces she is missing. But the question is do I leave her in the nice old state with her current classic patina she sits now, or refreshen her with a new paint and decal's ?

Where would I find the missing I am guess pilot control or instrument center ? I cannot figure out why they never cut the side cabin windows out. I looked very closely at the wood and the cut out markings are still there. They just never cut them out.

And the stand looks to be home made.
fiero880 is offline Find More Posts by fiero880
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2014, 04:18 PM
D'mon
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2013
103 Posts
Personally, I would do a neaten up but leave it original unless there are any glaring wounds that did not show in the pics. But whether to rebuild or leave original or anywhere in between is very much a personal choice. However you choose to go, great find!
Dmon96 is offline Find More Posts by Dmon96
Old Dec 03, 2014, 09:05 AM
Old Duffer
United States, ME, Portland
Joined Feb 2013
316 Posts
I agree with Dmon96. Clean it up, but leave the patina.
Anybody can repaint, rebuild, and put a "new" look on a model, but patina is earned, and very hard to replicate.
Garboard is offline Find More Posts by Garboard
Old Dec 03, 2014, 11:45 AM
Joined Aug 2010
14 Posts
Re:

Done and Thank you!!! I cleaned her up pretty nicely with bunches of q tips but leaving her patina.

Found an old receiver with correct crystal on eBay to go with the older classic futaba attack transmitter and she will be her way to another maiden voyage.
fiero880 is offline Find More Posts by fiero880