SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
5,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernatural View Post
I just spent the last 2 hours reading through this thread and bought 2 gold bars from Banggood.

From what I read they are very reliable, the only issues seem to be brownout (also an issue on genuine Vbar)

The vstabi site (http://www.vstabi.info/de/node/1316) recommend to use a capacitor to prevent brownout problem.

I plan to install a capacitor for just peace of mind regardless if I need one or not.

What kind of capacitor would you guys recommend to use? The vstabi site recommend a minimum 16 Volt, min. 4700uF
I use the 3300uf one from HK on my 450's, which they call a "voltage protector". When I was using a CX-ZYX, adding the capacitor helped the tail servo run coolerr. With the Kbar, the tail runs cool. I also used a 10000uf on my 500 before using a separate RX pack.

If you think you're having any voltage problems, check the Event Log for low voltage alerts.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,528 Posts
Finished up the Kbar fullsize remote sensor case replacement and sent it off to Shapeways to be printed, I'll report back when it arrives. If no adjustments are necessary I'll make the model available to whoever wants it.

All together it cost around $11 plus shipping to have printed from black nylon and transparent plastic for the lens. Dimensions are 30x30x9.15mm.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Yesterday at 05:58 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
5,315 Posts
I think you should have done some sort of embossed Skull... wouldn't have made it any costlier, just fiddlier to draw!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM
Joined Sep 2013
260 Posts
Hey ASkull, is that to replace the gold standard sensor case it comes with?
Just curious what your reasoning is for replacing the original? Purely cosmetic?
Im looking at getting a fullsize for my 550. Will look forward to see what it looks like when its done.
Diggiz is offline Find More Posts by Diggiz
Old Today, 07:32 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggiz View Post
Hey ASkull, is that to replace the gold standard sensor case it comes with?
Just curious what your reasoning is for replacing the original? Purely cosmetic?
Im looking at getting a fullsize for my 550. Will look forward to see what it looks like when its done.
The original sensor case has a tendency to develop splits when you install and remove it a few times. Sometimes it even comes with a split around the hole where the lead enters the case right out of the bag. Main unit case is fine and the electronics are fine but the quality of the sensor case is crap.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Today, 07:47 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,132 Posts
It looks just like an original xbox. .. hope Microsoft don't come after you.
Hexperience is online now Find More Posts by Hexperience