HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2015, 09:11 AM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetfpv View Post
The model k liked a lot was the sky hunter but can't seem to find much about it or one to buy for that. Is there a new version of the spy hawk coming out? I saw this on Ali for 250 and thats not too bad compared to the 599 from a few years ago.
Who is model K ?
segroegt is online now Find More Posts by segroegt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2015, 01:32 PM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
Lol sorry got a little fat finger there I meant the model I liked was the hubsan sky cruiser. Not sure if it is older than the spy hawk but it is larger.
planetfpv is offline Find More Posts by planetfpv
Old Jan 25, 2015, 03:11 PM
Joined Nov 2014
24 Posts
Well I thought I lost video feed from my spy hawk. I ordered a new ribbon cable after reading about it on page 31 to 33 and took it apart. Turns out it wasn't the ribbon as that doesn't fit. I plugged the recording board back in and it worked again looks like connector got dislodged on an impact at some point.
silversurfers25 is online now Find More Posts by silversurfers25
Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:22 PM
Joined Jul 2012
610 Posts
they have removed the sky cruiser from their website i guess they ditched it
Andyclayton is offline Find More Posts by Andyclayton
Old Jan 26, 2015, 07:41 PM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
SpyHawk Gyro Seems Off

I purchased an Hubsan Spyhawk used, it had a bad servo and no prop. I am awaiting an order for replacements, and everything else seems to work fine. I can bind my place to the controller and see the video just fine. However, I noticed that when I enable the stabilization feature, my ailerons move to a full left-turn position. If I tilt the plane to ~60 towards the left, the ailerons lay down flat as if to keep that position.
I have tried to pair the plane on a flat surface, and even on an angled surface, but it continues to "correct" to a very odd angle. I am wondering if this is either normal, (unlikely), or if there is some way to hard calibrate the gyro sensor in the module, or if something else needs to be replaced.
I can post pictures if this is confusing, but please help!
JustSkill is offline Find More Posts by JustSkill
Old Jan 26, 2015, 08:42 PM
Hacienda Heights, CA
Joined Sep 2000
345 Posts
JustSkill,

Have you checked the mounting of the receiver board/gyro to be sure it's securely mounted in a level position? If the board is tilted to the right as if the plane is in a right roll position, the stabilizer will compensate with left aileron. Tilting the plane to the left will cause the stabilizer to move the left aileron down from its previous position, and the right aileron up, resulting in neutral position that you get.

If that isn't it, then the problem must be in the gyro system, and I'm not aware of the process to recalibrate it.

Good luck.

Jim
JimO is offline Find More Posts by JimO