HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2009, 07:49 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
Discussion
Suggestions for Pentax IR control

The PRISM switch for Pentax is out of stock on the website. Does anyone have one for sale or is there a similar product I can use?

Thanks,
Chris
chris1379 is offline Find More Posts by chris1379
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2009, 08:31 AM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hampshire, UK
Joined Apr 2004
984 Posts
Hi Chris

Brooxes stocks the Gentles IR trigger on his website scroll down until you see the 'James Gentles Goodies' section its the first item (GentLED)

Cheers
DaveB...>
GliderGuideMan is online now Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Old Feb 07, 2009, 01:23 PM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
you can always make your own for about 4 components and a programmer for about 15 (convert to $)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440677

Once you have made 1 then you can make as many as you need (I have 4 made up for my cameras and made another 3 for my brother)

We have decided on Pentax Optio as they are light, last a long time on batteries and the pictures look good

Ronnie
mallettron is offline Find More Posts by mallettron
Old Feb 07, 2009, 02:24 PM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,941 Posts
I d put my thumb up for a James Gentle device.

Works and hes a really nice bloke.

G
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Feb 08, 2009, 07:12 AM
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
Ive a GentLed for my Olympus and a Prism for one of my Optios, but as I have 2 Optios (2 cameras and 2 spare IR) and my brother also has some it was going to be a little expensive so thats why we went the DIY route

Its not difficult
Ronnie
Old Feb 08, 2009, 08:08 PM
Aerial Images of Texas
The Texas Gulf Coast where hurricanes come to play
Joined Aug 2003
1,960 Posts
Try RC Dude, I just ordered one from them a short while ago.
tashley is offline Find More Posts by tashley
Old Feb 09, 2009, 12:21 PM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron
you can always make your own for about 4 components and a programmer for about 15 (convert to $)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440677

Once you have made 1 then you can make as many as you need (I have 4 made up for my cameras and made another 3 for my brother)

We have decided on Pentax Optio as they are light, last a long time on batteries and the pictures look good

Ronnie
I thought about making one but when I wanted to do it for a hard-wired shutter control, I couldn't find a cheap pic programmer. The one used in your link at dontronics doesn't come up anymore.

Edit: What about The PIC-PG2C ?

Chris
Last edited by chris1379; Feb 09, 2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2009, 02:26 PM
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
thats the one, it works fine, any of the suggested software works with it

Ronnie
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:29 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
Well, I got the GentLED in the meantime but the instructions say it has a 1 second pause between pictures and if left in the ON position, will take one picture every 5-6 seconds. So is it possible to use continuous shooting via remote control?

Chris
Old Feb 10, 2009, 02:34 AM
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
as continuous as it can be, dont forget the camera has to focus, set speed, set aperature, sharpness etc, it all takes time

You can normally fiddle with the setting and get it down to about 1.5 secs between photos but other settings, which might be better may make it 3.5 secs

Im afraid a lot of it is trail and error until you get the sort of pictures you want

Ronnie
Old Feb 10, 2009, 07:29 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,137 Posts
OK, now I see that continuos mode and remote mode are both capture modes and can't be set together. So I guess it's either keep flipping the switch or get a picture every 5-6 seconds with the GentLED.

I received my Optio S10 yesterday, too. It's so pretty and shiny I don't know if I can stand to torture it on the bottom of my Slow Stick.

Edit: I just had to connect it up and try it. It's actually closer to 4 sec/frame if you hold the switch. The 1 sec delay between manual remote sends is apparently by camera design. It takes about that long for the remote to send the entire signal. Based on that, I can recommend the GentLED. If you're trying for a specific shot, you can line it up and flip the switch or toggle the joystick several times. It looks like it will let you shoot as fast as the camera is capable of.

Chris
Last edited by chris1379; Feb 10, 2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:32 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1379
... I wanted to do it for a hard-wired shutter control...
I'm trying to do a hard-wired shutter control for a Pentax Opto W10. I would use my prizm switch (which worked perfectly on my now dead Optio s5z) but the W10 has no IR feature. Anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams for Pentax shutter switches?
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Apr 06, 2009, 06:53 PM
Joined Mar 2008
44 Posts
I'm trying to find info on how to do a hard-wired shutter control for my petnax s10.
microtaint is offline Find More Posts by microtaint