HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
Joined Nov 2014
1 Posts
Can someone please help me? I'm returning to the hobby after a few years away and I'm looking to buy the Visionaire to use with my DX7.

The manual says that each flight mode has rates already set on the receiver but then says to set low rates on the transmitter too. Why is this?

If I do need to set rates on the transmitter is the low rate switch position 1 or 0?

For expo, do I use positive or negative expo? It's been a while and I can't remember.

Finally, are there any features/functions that won't work using the DX7? I was looking to upgrade to a DX9 in the future. Is it better to do this now or is the DX7 still ok?

Things have hanged so much in just a few years and I need some assistance.

Thanks in advance.
RDowson is offline Find More Posts by RDowson
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,064 Posts
10 13 2014 Low flat spins with Hover Landing with VA (3 min 5 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDowson View Post
Can someone please help me? I'm returning to the hobby after a few years away and I'm looking to buy the Visionaire to use with my DX7.

The manual says that each flight mode has rates already set on the receiver but then says to set low rates on the transmitter too. Why is this?

If I do need to set rates on the transmitter is the low rate switch position 1 or 0?

For expo, do I use positive or negative expo? It's been a while and I can't remember.

Finally, are there any features/functions that won't work using the DX7? I was looking to upgrade to a DX9 in the future. Is it better to do this now or is the DX7 still ok?

Things have hanged so much in just a few years and I need some assistance.

Thanks in advance.
flight modes and low rates are two different things. The flight modes are controlled by your gear switch. You can set dual rates (high/low) on a single switch or separate switches for each surface. The visionaire works fine on a DX7. If you don't still have your manual for your radio, you can download one from Spektrum. If you want some expo, it's positive to slow down response around center, minus if you want twitchy controls.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Today, 08:41 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,917 Posts
Dale, we need new footage. You keep posting the same videos. That stuff is boring, let's get some low inverts, harrier rolls, etc.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Today, 04:32 PM
HedRick
United States, CT, East Haven
Joined Aug 2013
167 Posts
YEAH DALE!!,,,,,,,COME ON!
HedRick is online now Find More Posts by HedRick
Old Today, 04:41 PM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,637 Posts
Lads,this guy called Shane was posting comments recently on my you-tube channel and i just clicked in to his videos to see who it was etc,i don't know the guy but he is like the rest of us,passionate about 3D flying and loves his Visionaire,i then took a look at his vids to see what the guy was about,clicked in to this video......after speaking to him on my channel apparently this is his first 3D plane and he is NOT flying long,but Wow check out his flying,i think he is pretty damn good!!

I enjoyed this video!

Small crash no damage (3 min 39 sec)
flightpunch34 is online now Find More Posts by flightpunch34