HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:50 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
Spin, Spin, Spin the facts as much as you like. The real truth is there for anyone who cares to do a search.
Hate thread???
What spin???

Those are numbers straight from RCG's stat from your page. How exactly is that spinning? All facts. Just because these facts make you look kinda bad doesn't make them false or a spin; they are still fact. Remember that movie "liar liar" where Jim Carey objects and his reason is because "it is devastating to his case"? Well, I'd say your argument of spin is very close to Jim's.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
72 Posts
shipping shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein View Post
Has anyone ever weighed the packages they get from HK?
I weighed my last two and am a bit disappointed. Done on an accurate digital scale, package untouched - all the tape, paper for customs etc. still on there.

Both were invoiced for 2kg shipping
1861 g
1541 g

The second one is pretty bad - I could have put a lot more stuff in there for the shipping paid.
Yeah...Ive notice this right on there site where they have a few different wieghts for an itean right on its page...the final one is on the price line you click to purchace it..What I think is happening is Hobby King is making money on there shipping charges...without a doubt!!! alll those wonderfully low prices arent so low when the shaft you in the cost of shipping. If someone knows how to file a complaint let me know I will be the first!!!!
cantyman is offline Find More Posts by cantyman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
HK manipulates shipping weights and prices to increase their profits just like everything else they do.
Why is it that every time someone posts anything other than gleaming praise for HK they are bashed or told to go shop somewhere else? HK doesn't say shop somewhere else why do you. They sure don't mind taking our money even if we complain. If HK lost every customer that had a complaint about them they would have gone out of out of business long ago. The OP was simply questioning shipping weights.
Was that last sentence really necessary.
You know what...the thought that wieght dosent matter and it just something they do is complete garbage. I think this guy is an employee. The price for just a few grams extra can really add up.....the bottom line is HK is ripping people off. Period!!! But I guess thats the world we live in.....let them them lie to us, cheat even steal! Hey where are those weapons of mass distruction???
cantyman is offline Find More Posts by cantyman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:33 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantyman View Post
Yeah...Ive notice this right on there site where they have a few different wieghts for an itean right on its page...the final one is on the price line you click to purchace it..What I think is happening is Hobby King is making money on there shipping charges...without a doubt!!! alll those wonderfully low prices arent so low when the shaft you in the cost of shipping. If someone knows how to file a complaint let me know I will be the first!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantyman View Post
You know what...the thought that wieght dosent matter and it just something they do is complete garbage. I think this guy is an employee. The price for just a few grams extra can really add up.....the bottom line is HK is ripping people off. Period!!! But I guess thats the world we live in.....let them them lie to us, cheat even steal! Hey where are those weapons of mass distruction???
Hopefully you're comments are meant as hyperbole, and sarcasm right? I say that as I don't think I've ever seen someone be so upset at a company for making money on shipping. As if that is the most insane idea in the world.

You realize it's usually called shipping and handling for a reason right?

Not many companies, us or otherwise, that don't profit on shipping. Not a thing in the world wrong with that.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Registered User
Nin3rsAllDay's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
I agree they make money on their shipping just like every other company that ships their product line, but I don't see where they're ripping people off. Just for example before I placed my last order I checked towerhobbies first to see the price difference for the item I needed, it was going to be 14 for the item and 5.99 for shipping within the same state. From HK I ordered more items and my shipping was only 6.99 and I still had my items in about a week.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:08 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin3rsAllDay View Post
I agree they make money on their shipping just like every other company that ships their product line, but I don't see where they're ripping people off. Just for example before I placed my last order I checked towerhobbies first to see the price difference for the item I needed, it was going to be 14 for the item and 5.99 for shipping within the same state. From HK I ordered more items and my shipping was only 6.99 and I still had my items in about a week.
Yep. That sounds about right. Only problem is if you're in the "HK haters club", then HK is always evil and making tons of money and ripping everyone off regardless.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:41 AM
Registered User
cold wombat's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
296 Posts
I'd rather see HK profitable. If they don't make a profit, they do down the tubes. Not so good. I'll call that a loss. If they make a comfortable profit, then they'll keep offering great prices on a wide range of products. I'll call that a win. If they make a massive profit, others will enter the market with a similar business model with even more competitive prices. I'll call that another win.

As things stand, I'm really struggling to see the problem.
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantyman View Post
Yeah...Ive notice this right on there site where they have a few different wieghts for an itean right on its page...the final one is on the price line you click to purchace it..What I think is happening is Hobby King is making money on there shipping charges...without a doubt!!! alll those wonderfully low prices arent so low when the shaft you in the cost of shipping. If someone knows how to file a complaint let me know I will be the first!!!!
Hi,
if you give me a link to an example of this, I can possibly explain why you see different weights on the same page. If you shop overseas it is important that you understand how the shipping is calculated as you can often save a great deal of money if you understand how it all works.

cheers
Tony
Tony7 is offline Find More Posts by Tony7
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
Registered User
cold wombat's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
296 Posts
You're wasting your time Tony. Some people just want to believe in conspiracies. It's in their nature.

As for the different weights listed on the product page, it doesn't take much nous to work out that one is the 'flying weight', and the other is shipping (volumetric as wrapped and packaged) weight.
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
All this talk about "Haters". Apparently anyone that does not praise or promote HK is branded a "Hater"? "HK haters club"?? I think that some people prefer to attack and call names rather than discuss the issues maturely. It's sad.
co pilot is offline Find More Posts by co pilot
Last edited by co pilot; Oct 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:25 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by co pilot View Post
All this talk about "Haters". Apparently anyone that does not praise or promote HK is branded a "Hater"? "HK haters club"?? I think that some people prefer to attack and call names rather than discuss the issues maturely. It's sad.
what do you think you are doing now?

BTW - without the "haters", I wouldn't have so much fun, so I like them.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:14 AM
The END.....ha!
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,889 Posts
I fail to see the "praise" or the "promote". Someone asks if something is black and not white, it's black so they are told it's black. That's not promoting or praising, thats telling it as it is. Just because they were hoping the answer would be white.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobbyking shipping, are they serious? IwillFlySoon Hobby Stores 0 Mar 14, 2012 09:00 AM
Sold 2 N.I.P. Hobbyking Nano 160 1S, $6 shipped nemoskull Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Mar 10, 2012 05:08 PM
Sold Hobbyking retracts $15 shipped SmokingFlite Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 05, 2012 03:10 PM
Sold Hobbyking Kinetic 800 glider BNF, 3 batts, motor, esc, RX, $72 + $10-15 shipping flyrtim Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Mar 04, 2012 11:30 PM
FS Pro-Built Fun Fly ship & light weight aileron ship Bruce1 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 15, 2004 01:11 AM