Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,089 Posts
Discussion
"Peace Drone" Canard question

Hello all
I'm looking at a modified build of EA's "Peace Drone".
FPV Peace Drone v2 (13 min 53 sec)

My goal is a very stable aerial video and FPV platform capable of carrying 300g of camera/FPV gear. I'll build it with elevon controls on the rear wing, with rate gyros to add smoothness. I've heard its impossible to stall, and you can let go of the controls or fly blind for a while if necessary - highly desirable traits for FPV I think.
Unlike EA's plane, I will use mine in an area with highly changeable weather and sometimes high gusty winds. Mine will also be heavier, as I plan to make the fuz from chloroplast and the wings from 5mm depron stacked 3-deep in a symmetrical KFm format with spars.
Is it best to follow the original dimensions for my project? Or should I change anything given my needs?
I do plan to make the fuz a smaller square diameter to save weight and add streamlining, aprox 5cm each side. When I use the GoPro, I'll mount it outside somehow, perhaps off the top.
Are there any general rules that must be followed with canard wing size and placement for my needs? Also, is it necessary to have such large stabs? Can you use a single center stab? Is the thrust (motor mount) best in the center of the wing (or fuz?), with no angle? I would prefer to keep the wingspan to 90cm, as thats my max single depron sheet length without needing joints, but I realize that may not be possible. I also do not need a "colapsable" build, in fact I prefer having my planes "grab-n-go".
I may use a DT750 motor with a large folding prop on 3s.
Thanks for any help.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Last edited by TheNiceGuy; Mar 10, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:17 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,089 Posts
Well I guess this thread will fall off the main page faster than an upside-down multi-rotor.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
388 Posts
The Peace Drone thread over at FPVLAB is very active. You might try there.
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....anard-platform
SquireM is offline Find More Posts by SquireM
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:44 PM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,089 Posts
Thanks I'll check it out.