HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by pecanpatch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:46 PM
More planes than time to fly!
United States, PA, Willow Grove
Joined Nov 2007
140 Posts
foam at home depot

Joel,

Electrich found some at an Atlanta area Home Depot, but not all stock it. Perhaps he will chime in here. If you search the locations online it is called foamular fanfold. The part number is UM10

Up nere in the northeast finding 1/4 inch with the fold for the leading edge of the wing is impossible. I will be making one out of my dwindling stock of dow protection board that I have and one out or the pink 3/8 inch stuff readily availabe up here. I will report back with the performance results.

Bill
bgreet is offline Find More Posts by bgreet
Last edited by bgreet; Dec 13, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,676 Posts
Here are some control horns that will work..... pic 1

Hobby king also sells a bag of 10 for about $2

Here is a picture of the motor like the ones Matt uses.
I think it's $6.99.

I hate this style motor mount, so I modded this one with a E-flight style mount.

They do pretty darn good for the price... But a E-flight 400 will blow it away.
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tiggers Big Show
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:51 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
Thanks to Bgreet we got the tiled version of the plans updated..
I put them on post #1...

Earlier version had the wrong shape on the elevons.

This message will self distruct in 7 days
Bgreet(Bill) is an ok guy.... He's my brother. Hopefully we can get him a ride on the golf cart at SEFF.
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:35 PM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
Bgreet(Bill) is an ok guy.... He's my brother. Hopefully we can get him a ride on the golf cart at SEFF.
Definitely!
they have moved a lot of dirt around at Hodges and will be trying to grass to grow on the east end.... this may hinder the golf cart flying... or maybe just shorten the course
I look forward to meeting your Bro....
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:12 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
312 Posts
Worth a 1000 words

Mark, thanks for extra "tips" and the build pics, they certainly do help delete a lot of questions. Thanks to the party that posted the tiled plans, I have those printed and will soon be making some templates, then that stack of blue foam better run and hide cause I got a brand new blade.
DelRay is offline Find More Posts by DelRay
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:45 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgreet View Post
Joel,

Electrich found some at an Atlanta area Home Depot, but not all stock it. Perhaps he will chime in here. If you search the locations online it is called foamular fanfold. The part number is UM10

Up nere in the northeast finding 1/4 inch with the fold for the leading edge of the wing is impossible. I will be making one out of my dwindling stock of dow protection board that I have and one out or the pink 3/8 inch stuff readily availabe up here. I will report back with the performance results.

Bill
One of the guys down here had Home Depot send him a batch in the mail. He brought it out to the Patch and showed it to us. The stuff was inside a cardboard box. That is always one option to getting your hands on some more!
Revo Dave is offline Find More Posts by Revo Dave
Old Dec 21, 2011, 04:28 PM
Palmetto, Ga
Joined Dec 2010
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo Dave View Post
One of the guys down here had Home Depot send him a batch in the mail. He brought it out to the Patch and showed it to us. The stuff was inside a cardboard box. That is always one option to getting your hands on soe more!
Dave it came from Lowe's
ibj3cub is offline Find More Posts by ibj3cub
Old Dec 21, 2011, 09:56 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
725 Posts
Yea, what he said! It came from Lowe's!! Hey, I did a lot of work on the wing this evening. Nothing left now but installing wing tips, shaping out battery compartment, setting travel adjust on flight control surfaces, and adding some cosmetic touches. It's COOL! Can't wait to fly my new wing!!!!!!!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:07 PM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,676 Posts
Good Job Dave.... I knew you had it in ya....

uses a 2000-2200 mah 3S

I will be a blast to get us all out there flying....

I have come up with a competition for these planes...
Cant wait to try it out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:57 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
Good Job Dave.... I knew you had it in ya....

uses a 2000-2200 mah 3S

I will be a blast to get us all out there flying....

I have come up with a competition for these planes...
Cant wait to try it out.
If people get creative with the color schemes so we can tell them apart in the air, it would be awesome to do some formation flying or put together a semi-rehearsed "airshow"
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:58 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
725 Posts
Tony G. Has inspired me so much with colors and trim that were added to his wing that I plan on doing some cosmetic work to mine too. Hopefully it will be more than just a pink wing also! Mark, I have several 2200 Mah batteries that should do the trick in the new wing! I am already thinking about wing number two, with lights, for SEFF.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 07:53 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,676 Posts
Cool Dave....I hope you will stay longer at SEFF in 2012
Bring the Slashes too fella's.

Josh and I worked on his wing last night. We have been doing a lot of head scratching and experimenting to try and get the wing together with minimal warpage / twisting.

I think we found the key and it was right under our noses the whole time.
We pre-creased the top skin over the spar to make it lay down and conform to the airfoil, but in the past we didnt do this step to the bottom skin.

On Josh's new wing we turned it over and also pre-creased the bottom skin over the spar. This made it all come together as far as keeping the wing true!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by pecanpatch; Dec 22, 2011 at 05:19 PM.