SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 03:17 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,818 Posts
Yes, I had trouble finding room for the brushless to brushed adapter cable they included. Bullets are quite bulky, really, even 2mm ones.

That was my feeling about using a brushless too. My experience of brushless setups is that they don't start smoothly if you open the throttle very slowly - but that's from planes, where they're optimised to do a different job than in a surface vehicle. The Losi ESC did seem to have the same problem to some extent.

If you want to go fast, and have good run times (better efficiency), brushless is the way to go. For smooth pickup and good torque at low speeds, it probably isn't.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:23 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Yes, I had trouble finding room for the brushless to brushed adapter cable they included. Bullets are quite bulky, really, even 2mm ones.

That was my feeling about using a brushless too. My experience of brushless setups is that they don't start smoothly if you open the throttle very slowly - but that's from planes, where they're optimised to do a different job than in a surface vehicle. The Losi ESC did seem to have the same problem to some extent.

If you want to go fast, and have good run times (better efficiency), brushless is the way to go. For smooth pickup and good torque at low speeds, it probably isn't.

You can have both, but it depends a lot on the ESC. Even with brushed there are quite some differences, and some ESC start at 25% power or so, making slow driving, or smooth slow acceleration from standstill impossible. But some brushless setups, even sensorless ones, can be just as smooth. I'll post a vid of my LC Racing buggy with aftermarket motor and HK ESC, it can run at crawling speed almost, despite being sensorless, and having a top speed of 60 km/h on 2S.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan